• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Did any of my fellow INGO members attempt The Hilly Hundred this year?

I wrote about my experiences with the ride here: 2010 Hilly Hundred - My Thoughts — Lars Noldan - Personal Site

So let's here it. Did you go? If you were there did you make it through both days? If you didn't go, will you next year?

I'm committed to doing the following events next year:

I will likely hit more rides than that in 2011, but those are the ones on my radar as MUST CONQUER rides.

What goals have you cyclists set for yourselves for 2011? Anyone here willing to pledge money to the MS society for me to ride in the event next year?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i havent ridden a bicycle since i got my learners permit, so ill go ahead and put myself down for 0 miles for next year.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    My cousin's son rode the Hilly Hundred. He is in his mid 20's. I have ridden over 100 miles in a day but at 60 years old I'm not sure I am up to doing those hills.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    i havent ridden a bicycle since i got my learners permit, so ill go ahead and put myself down for 0 miles for next year

1. Bicycles are great exercise.

2. Bicycles are great way to meet hippie chicks.

3. No, did not go. The Hilly 100 is for very serious riders. I am more of a pleasure rider.:)

This Sunday my Wing Chun club did ride up and down a hill for 45 minutes. That's about as intense as I get. Riding the Monon is not so intense.:D

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I didn't participate, but the base for the whole thing is across the street from my house.
    Sorry to hear that. As another Ellettsvilleian I feel your pain. It sucks that legitimate school functions are pushed aside or relocated so that a bunch of bikers can take over all three school grounds for this. Although it was fun driving back from the inlaws' house Sunday afternoon and watching some of them try to ride up the water tower hill on Reeves road!:D If you live or drive in the Ellettsville area, this weekend is a massive rectal discomfort.:xmad:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have done it 4 times with my wife, on a tandem. Last year, we stopped after day one, we never trained and another in our group was dead ill the week before, we ended up hiking Mcormick's Creek State Park instead.

That was the only time I have not made it. The only hills up here are overpass's so they are humbling. It is a great ride though. You see old guys on Schwinn's and 10 yr olds on bmx bikes.

Good luck next year.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you OC on the Monon? I hear south of 62nd street it can get "intense" if you don't

No, I don't carry on the Monon. You can't carry on the Monon as it is a city park so Ballard's beloved criminal class can have a safe work environment.

I carry where legal, like coffee houses, to defend myself from drunken IMPD officers.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I didn't do the 100 but I did backpack in southern Indiana for about 17 miles in those two days. I feel like I got the same work out.....

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    The hilly hundred left a bad taste in my mouth back when the route was in front of my housing addition. One trip from our house (near New Unionville)to Bean blossom took over five hours. The riders didn't notice (or care about) vehicles sharing the road with them. They had checkpoints along the road which blocked both lanes of traffic for 30 minutes at a time (this road was used for going and returning). riders would routinely make a U turn from the opposite lane and try to "head on" cars coming the other way. That kind of thing happened year after year, my family felt it unproductive, and unsafe to use the roads on "Hilly Weekend". Now, the same thing happens on a different route to other residents. Now the route, while still close to the house, leaves an escape route from the house, but it's just turning my familys frustrations over to someone else.
    Okay, sorry, rant over.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Like any group the morons ruin it for the good legit riders I am sure, but all I saw were morons. Morons laying in my yard. Morons peeing in my bushes, Lots and Lots of morons screwing up traffic. I have no problem people riding on the rode but if the sign says 45 go close to 45 or get off the rode. oh and dont get in the way of combines they will make you into lycra sacks of pink mud.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All the cool kids ride bikes.

Here's the Prime Minister of the UK, on the ROAD:

33648_Original.jpg

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Did any of my fellow INGO members attempt The Hilly Hundred this year?

I wrote about my experiences with the ride here: 2010 Hilly Hundred - My Thoughts — Lars Noldan - Personal Site

So let's here it. Did you go? If you were there did you make it through both days? If you didn't go, will you next year?

I'm committed to doing the following events next year:

I will likely hit more rides than that in 2011, but those are the ones on my radar as MUST CONQUER rides.

What goals have you cyclists set for yourselves for 2011? Anyone here willing to pledge money to the MS society for me to ride in the event next year?

We ought to have an INGO team in the Tour de Cure: Tour de Cure:

Top Bottom