• ...and so much more!
  • starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    To
    I gave my input, I hope. I would like to see muskie stocked in Lake Monroe. The 7-hour round trip and $100 gas bill going to Webster really hurts my pocket book. I know they stocked them in Eagle Creek but they have a HP limit, It seems like every time I go to Bass Lake I get wind bound and can't make it back to the boat ramp on electric trolling motor alone.

I Hope Muskie Are Never Stocked In Monroe. What A Waste, I Use To fish A Similar Lake South Of Monroe & They Introduced Muskie. Now If All You Want To Catch Is Muskie Then There you Go. Absolute Destruction On A Ecosystem!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is a shame we can't have a season (at least a 'trap and deport') on forked-tongue weasels like the ones infesting the statehouse and Washington!

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think they need an earlier season for those of us who use smoke poles ;)

It's called Firearms Season...

I'd like to see the Urban Zones expanded. the problem with the Fort Wayne Urban zone is that most of what gets hunted is just farm land out south east of town. I think it should be the city limits and the 69/469 loop. I may or may not have an area to hunt just on the wrong side of 69. :-)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    A. I would like to know why they want to prohibit using dogs on wld hogs.

It's beginning to become widely accepted in the states that have a true problem with feral hogs (Florida Texas mainly) that using dogs captures/kills very few of the hogs and only acts to disperse them further out of their home area, causing them to spread faster than if they were left alone. It also educates the hogs to the fact that they are being hunted. Hogs are very fast learners and will very quickly become nearly impossible to kill/capture if they feel just the slightest bit of pressure. Dogs inflicts a HUGE amount of hunting pressure while only reducing the numbers slightly.

You need to kill 70-80% of hogs every year just to maintain population. If you want to reduce it you have to kill more than that. If you have a sounder of 10-20 hogs on your property and it takes 2-3 dogs to bay a hog, there is NO way you will get even close to 70-80% before they wisen up and disperse to other areas.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    PLUS... I really think that the DNR enforcement might have a hard time trying to determine if those dog runners/hunters were really after hogs or deer..

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    They need to accept input on lifting all restrictions on killing coyotes.

There are basically no restrictions now. You can hunt them day or night, hunt them with any weapon regardless of caliber, hunt them with spotlights or nightvision, hunt them with silencers, and use electronic calls. About the only thing you can't do is hang a gun out of a truck window and shoot them. You can hunt them year round with written landowner permission -- I have PAGES of signatures, so I'm good to go anytime I see one. :rockwoot:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There are basically no restrictions now. You can hunt them day or night, hunt them with any weapon regardless of caliber, hunt them with spotlights or nightvision, hunt them with silencers, and use electronic calls. About the only thing you can't do is hang a gun out of a truck window and shoot them. You can hunt them year round with written landowner permission -- I have PAGES of signatures, so I'm good to go anytime I see one. :rockwoot:

On state land, you can hunt them between October 15 and March 15. That's about the only restriction I'm aware of.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I know they aren't nearly as restricted as other species but I'd like to see all restrictions lifted, including shooting them out of a truck window on the side of the road :)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I know they aren't nearly as restricted as other species but I'd like to see all restrictions lifted, including shooting them out of a truck window on the side of the road :)
    I hear you, but look at all the idiots we have during deer season... the thought of people driving around shooting coyotes out of vehicles makes me nervous...

I thought I read once that one of the east coast states has a $50 bounty on coyotes. Now that would come in kinda handy!
    And bank-rupt the state... we have HUGE coyote populations... no way they could afford to put a bounty on them...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

Yes sir... that is also a good way to get your foot in the door for deer hunting..

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    I hear you, but look at all the idiots we have during deer season... the thought of people driving around shooting coyotes out of vehicles makes me nervous...

And bank-rupt the state... we have HUGE coyote populations... no way they could afford to put a bounty on them...

.....And dangerous too. We'd have everyone and their AR running around here calling their brains out.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Yes sir... that is also a good way to get your foot in the door for deer hunting..

EXACTLY! I have one property that I have been trying to get permission to deer hunt on for 18 years now. No one is allowed to hunt there, and deer flourish there, and mock you in large numbers as you drive by. LOL! Anyway, a year or so ago, the landowner approached me about putting some of my trail cameras out on that property, as they suspected a cougar was causing some damage -- we had a police officer confirmed sighting of one eating a road-killed deer a few miles from there, as well as the DNR trail cam photos probably 15 miles away. That was the "break" I was looking for.

Last week, the landowner called me again out of the blue and asked me to stop by to check something out with him. He showed me a huge area of deer hair, and asked me what I thought the culprit was. I was 100% sure that an animal had scattered the hair, whether by actual predation or simply taking advantage of a dead deer. The landowner asked if I would be willing to kill coyotes on his property, and went as far as to give me written permission. After a brief search, I located a half-eaten spike buck on a neighboring property I can hunt a few hundred yards away. Maybe one day the offer will extend to deer...

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I just submitted the following:
    There is growing popularity to collect crayfish for human consumption but the current regulations are confusing, even to ICOs. I would like the crayfish trapping regulations changed. Currently the section on crayfish is lumped in with the collection of minnows. The regulation that minnow traps have a maximum opening size of 1" should not be applied to crayfish traps for the following reasons:
    1. Crayfish that can fit through a 1" opening will not be large enough for human consumption.
    2. Commercially available crayfish traps have 2.25" round openings openings or larger horizontal openings.
    See Frabill® Deluxe Crawfish Trap | Bass Pro Shops
    or Frabill® Crawfish Trap | Bass Pro Shops

Top Bottom