Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I imagine, first it will be citizen volunteers.
    Then there won't be enough donating their time, so they will have to start hiring people.
    Some of those will do something wrong. Abuse someone, or just trample rights.
    Then there will have to be "training".
    Then they will need to expand their equipment, so taxes.
    Then... you will pretty much have a PD.

Since the new institution will not be Government they will not be bound by the Constitution.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Those damn white people and their...

EZ2JpOeXQAA735M

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I’m thinking of a scene from near the end of “Magnum Force”:

Callahan: “What I can’t understand is, why you, of all people?”

Briggs: “A hundred years ago in this city, people did the same thing. History justified the vigilantes; we’re no different. ‘Anyone who threatens the security of the people will be executed.’ Evil for Evil, Harry. Retribution.”

Seems to be the way we’re going if the leftists can dismantle the governmental police agencies. Then it’s going to look like Weimar Germany, or maybe even Mogadishu (with which Insane Omar, no doubt, with be quite comfortable—for a while, at least).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since the new institution will not be Government they will not be bound by the Constitution.
    The thing they said they were contemplating, was to dismantle the police department and replace it from the bottom up with something new. So. They’d still have some kind of law enforcement agency that is funded by the city. I suspect it would be much like the British police. You know, some limey ninnies caring more about making sure no one is misgendering anyone, and not so much trying to figure out who stole your car. Because whoever it was needed the car. So yeah. Basically the Karen Force. At least most of them wouldn’t get guns if they model it after the Brits.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    https://www.governing.com/topics/pu...disbands-police-force-for-new-department.html

So, I apologize if I saw this link on INGO or from another source, but I’m so over-inundated with stress and information right now I can barely keep up.

This is what happens when police departments are disbanded - they’re re-created as a new agency with the same officers and fresh boots who will work for lower pay.

I thought (all existing) cops and untrained/inexperienced cops were the issue?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The thing they said they were contemplating, was to dismantle the police department and replace it from the bottom up with something new. So. They’d still have some kind of law enforcement agency that is funded by the city. I suspect it would be much like the British police. You know, some limey ninnies caring more about making sure no one is misgendering anyone, and not so much trying to figure out who stole your car. Because whoever it was needed the car. So yeah. Basically the Karen Force. At least most of them wouldn’t get guns if they model it after the Brits.

Or maybe they'll be Cynthias... ;)

[video=youtube;Ryqv9REMpsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryqv9REMpsg[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sure disband the police...but then you replace it with what? Another police force, but with a fancy name.

This one time back around 1925 or so the police were disbanded and a new community protection force was put in place. It turned out pretty well.

There are plenty of cool names to consider for this new force for everyone.
    Sturmabteilung sounds cool, I think it means “social justice” in Swedish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom