Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is idiotic, but is nothing new. THe smarter kids will just get bored and stagnate
    Equity. Bringing everyone to the lowest common denominator.

Remember that meme of equity at the baseball game. Where the tall guy can seen over the fence. The medium height guy is just too short. And the midget stripper can’t see at all?

So they put the medium size guy on a box. They put the midget stripper on two boxes. And the tall guy doesn’t need a box. And they’re all at equal heights and can see the game over the fence.

Well that’s a lie. It’s not how equity works. Nevermind that the schmucks are stealing their view of the game by not paying for tickets. With equity, they chop the tall guy off at the waist. They chop the medium guy off at the knees. And the short guy doesn’t get chopped. So now they’re all at the same height.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    I would argue that the capitalists are in the stands as paying customers.
    I would argue at that point we are applying the metaphor a bit too literally, but I understand your point. Under capitalism our 3 characters would be in the stands with everyone else.

There is yet another one labeled "liberation" or sometime "justice" where there is no fence, IMO that represents removing barriers to enter the market (getting a job or starting a business)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The other thing that the equity crowd always leaves out of that picture is that it is the big guy that is forced to build the boxes for the two little guys. It's fine if he wants to, but they never leave it at that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The kid is very well spoken and states his reasons very well. In my opinion we don't need these front men jumping in and hawking their t-shirts and doing their "look-at-me" talky stuff. Just play the video of the kid more and get out of the way.
    Well, the guy wants to make a living.
    He is providing a service.

Yes it's annoying.
    but, It is very easy to fast forward.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, if the girls stopped putting up with this, and stopped going to school, and the boys who say they support them, stopped going...
    When admin and teachers start losing jobs due to a lack of students....

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How is that a good business model? Sure advertise with me, but I am going to tell people to just skip it!
    You are right of course, but I wasn't thinking of their business model, I was thinking of my time and effort to get to the good stuff without the bureaucratic-like overhead talky stuff getting in the way.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And, props to that kid. He is SIXTEEN.
    Standing up for his opinion.
    Standing up for those afraid to voice their opinion.
    And he catches a bunch of hate, and states... "I don't care about that."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom