• gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Anyone else playing (played) this?

LETS TRY TO KEEP THIS SPOILER FREE

I am currently a few hours into the Remastered version on PS4, I intentionally avoided details when it was on PS3 hoping I would get to play it eventually.

All I can say is WOW. This game looks amazing, the sound is great, it sets the tone like few games do. Its incredibly tense, and ominous, its hard to play it for long periods of time, but thats all I want to do.

Normally when I get a new game I power through it, then revisit it a few months later, get some stuff I missed. I am taking my time with The Last of Us, playing in short bursts, one level at a time, taking it all in.

Its great, if you have a PS4 (or PS3) its definitely worth every penny.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well I'm torn between getting a PS4 or Gaming computer. Im gonna ask my G/F for one or the other and then probably buy what she doesn't get me ;]

I definitely will play the game again.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're making a movie of it. If Ellen Page doesn't play Ellie, I'm boycotting the film. Or, at least get the lady that voices Ellie, Ashley Johnson, to do it.

Spoiler: The fungus did it.

No, actually, I haven't played it, but I did watch a couple of different YouTubers do their play-throughs of it. Very nice game, if a little linear for my tastes, which runs more to 7 Days to Die, DayZ, and World of Tanks.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    I love playing on-line , my comp. gives me hours of fun . Never had a game boy or any thing like one. I built my comp. 2 years ago , 1,200.00 dollars worth ,and it,t petty dam good .

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    They're making a movie of it. If Ellen Page doesn't play Ellie, I'm boycotting the film. Or, at least get the lady that voices Ellie, Ashley Johnson, to do it.

Spoiler: The fungus did it.

No, actually, I haven't played it, but I did watch a couple of different YouTubers do their play-throughs of it. Very nice game, if a little linear for my tastes, which runs more to 7 Days to Die, DayZ, and World of Tanks.

I think some chick from Game of Thrones is Ellie. And rumor is Josh Brolin or Hugh Jackman is going to play Joel.

Lil factoid for you, the voice actor that did Joel said he used Josh Brolin as his inspiration.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know, but, she's flippin' British!!! There's no way Ellie, with her Midwestern accent, can be done by a Brit. Yes, Hugh Laurie rocked the mid-atlantic accent in House, but that's totally different. He originated the role. He could make it his own. Unless Maisie gets the best accent coach on the planet, there's no way her big screen portrayal of an already established voice characterization of Ellie is gonna fly.

Maybe they'll have to get Ashley Johnson to play the voice to Maisie's Darth Maul.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I played it on the PS3 and will try it again on PS4 at some point. It was definitely a great story. It will be interesting to see how the next one turns out.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't really do consoles anymore, so I watched a playthrough of it on YouTube. Guy makes playthroughs very cinematic, shortens the padded gameplay portions... Was like watching a movie.

Good game.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I'm the kind of person that plays through games an hour or two at a time one or 2 nights a week. I have a toddler and a wife. I work nights and will typically play an hour or 2 on a night off after they're in bed. When this game came out money was tight so I couldn't justify spending $60 on a game at the time so I went and redboxed it on a Friday night on my weekend off. 7 hours Friday, plus another 8 hours Sunday and $4 later I had beat it. I just could not stop playing it. Now I have a ps4 and Ive been strongly considering picking it up on ps4.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I usually only buy 5-6 games a year and usually just the regular version and only play once or twice a week. With that said I went all out with this game, bought the post pandemic special edition with the statue for PS3, artbook, and bought the remastered for PS4 day one as well which puts me about $235 in the hole on a darn video game, lol. Favorite game of all time, didn't want the story to end. Going through on hard on PS4 now when I have time to play, looking forward to the movie as well but not sure how much will be the same.

Top Bottom