• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would be the last thing to survive?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    This is all hypothetical as neither of these exist to the best of my knowledge, but who would survive, Zombies or Vampires? :dunno:

A coworker and I were having this discussion. I will add my vote and reason later after a few others chime in.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Although I watched Walking Dead with intrest I never got the whole Zombie thing. Zombie's would just rot into nothing eventually. Vamps as long as they got the blood would survive.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Vampires would survive. They're dead so the zombies wouldn't try to eat them. And even if they did they zombies aren't smart enought to harm a vampire. They don't get killed as easily as we do. So a vampire could go slaying zombies with no risk. Then the could go to ground to wait until the return of living creatures to drain of their blood.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ok maybe i am over thinking this, but it didnt say it was a battle between the two necessarily. so i went with zombie because once the food source is gone (humans) vampires will die, zombies will live on till they rot away.

in an actual fight of course vampires would win

jake

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    So is this poll set up to find the next market segment for bleeding target and tacticrap to mount to a picatanny rail??? I can see it now, a mini crossbow with hardwood arrows along with a wooden stake bayonet.

Sorry this is all supposed to be in purple.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Zombies don't actually have to feed. Vampires do. Once the food (you and me) runs out, the vampires will starve.

Although, vampires could start a "people farm" where people are kept and milked like dairy cattle. That could work, I suppose.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zombies don't actually have to feed. Vampires do. Once the food (you and me) runs out, the vampires will starve.

Although, vampires could start a "people farm" where people are kept and milked like dairy cattle. That could work, I suppose.

Vampires also don't need to feed. You can put one in a coffin for centuries and they would survive. They would be severely weakened, but they would still live. I'm guessing if every vampire were to take a 50-100 year "nap," by the time they woke up, all the zombies would be bones or dust due to prolonged exposure.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I was thinking more "End of the world, which will last the longest." I would have to go with zombies. Dead man's blood is poison to vampires, so as soon as humanity was gone, the sparkle fangs would starve to re-death.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Dudes, dudes, dudes I GOT THIS. Zombies for sure. After the people are gone, the vampires will feed on the zombies and become ZOMBIE VAMPIRES. Zombies win.

zombie-vampire.jpg

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm long term survival I believe the zombie would win out unless the vampire was somehow able to adapt to feeding off zombies, animals, etc. In a straight up fight in saying vampire wins until the point of being trapped and severely outnumbered. Effectiveness of the vampire in a fight depends on the type of vampire used in popular culture. Kate Beckinsale from underworld I give an estimate of 50-75:1 ratio needed in confined quarters before she is overtaken. The goofy sparkle vampire from Twilight I give a solid 5:1 ratio before eaten. I only give him 5:1 because he can probably sweet talk the other 4 into loving him.

Too many scenarios on who would win and why. I dig both creatures in popular culture. I am however getting tired of all the Z's people get obsessed with and also beg for Blade to pop up in the next Twilight and take care of business.

Top Bottom