• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    All but the phone number can be easily picked off the county property GIS map. If they'd paid for one of the reverse lookup phone number sites, the rest would most likely be easy too--and they were good enough to spoof a specific phone number on caller ID after all.

Just fyi, the web address would be "[county]in.wthgis.com" for whichever county you want to look at. I use this to make sure I'm on the right property when hunting, but I'm thinking someone good enough to set up the rest of the scam could put it to use as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Too bad you didnt think this through. Have her tell him that she is quarantined but almost at the end. Just one more day. She could DEFINITELY go tomorrow to sign it. She will call his directy line at 3 to make sure its still a go. Wouldnt want to infect anyone, right? Then invite your INGO buddies over for a perp shoot. (We arrive predawn on foot)

We sit quietly inside waiting for them to show after she leaves.

Bonus points if an INGOer with land an a backhoe shows. SSS.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Too bad you didnt think this through. Have her tell him that she is quarantined but almost at the end. Just one more day. She could DEFINITELY go tomorrow to sign it. She will call his directy line at 3 to make sure its still a go. Wouldnt want to infect anyone, right? Then invite your INGO buddies over for a perp shoot. (We arrive predawn on foot)

We sit quietly inside waiting for them to show after she leaves.

Bonus points if an INGOer with land an a backhoe shows. SSS.

I have ground. BIL owns a hoe.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for sharing that, scammers are always trying new scams.

since they obviously know where you live, what’s the best way to get the real Police involved and get the bad guys busted? I could become a fan of text 911 in this case.

We notified HCSO and filed a report with Fishers PD. I almost wish we could have notified PD, had my wife leave and let the cops bust 'em.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I’m thinking that can all be found on google pretty easily. If you do the Facebook thing, it could be as easy as randomly picking a name you find and googling it.

My favorite part was the nice Sgt yelling suck my **** old man! And right in front of his supervisor! :rolleyes:

It’s sad at a time like this people are still trying to scam people. I guess my question is, they wanted a signature, where we they going to have you sign it? Should have followed through with it and brought a real sheriff to meet them with you.

They wanted to break into my house while my wife was driving to and from the Sheriff's office on a wild goose chase. No signature was going to take place.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    It is amazing the amount of information that you can find using open sources and an internet connection. And lots of people give away even more information on Failbook. Pictures in front of their houses with the address clearly visible. Names of their kids. Pics of their cars. Talking about their employment. Easy pickings for someone who knows what they are doing.

And it's not just the internet. I was listening to 2 meter amateur radio traffic a couple of days ago and this numbskull was talking about all of his preps...including what he has and where it is in his house. And what's the one thing an amateur radio operator broadcasts over and over? His call sign. Which is his name and address to anyone with an internet connection. Real smart. Exactly why I listen, but rarely talk on it.

QRZ would give you all the info you would need.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    White pages listings used to be free, and easily reversed, until some rent seekers realized they could be monetized. If you're paying one of them for a reverse search, it's likely valid. It would be nice to just get what you wanted without everything up to the person's latest colonoscopy, but value added, don't you know? One thing they do have available is completely customizable caller ID. It's possible to deliver any number to the receiving party, including their own. So, if you see you calling yourself, you're a scammer and trying to rip yourself off.

Top Bottom