The latest thing to go from thats nice to extremely irritating.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Good thing about DVRs. But I’ve seen that one while watching a football game last weekend.
    You married? If so, please teach me how you get total control of the TV remote at all times.

Seriously though, if I am watching TV it's live sports.

Even when I do watched taped sports tho, I get to fiddling on my phone or laptop and then suddenly find myself asking why am I watching this commercial?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You married? If so, please teach me how you get total control of the TV remote at all times.

Seriously though, if I am watching TV it's live sports.

Even when I do watched taped sports tho, I get to fiddling on my phone or laptop and then suddenly find myself asking why am I watching this commercial?
    Yep. She hates commercials more than I do and is quicker on the draw to skip than me a lot of times.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep. She hates commercials more than I do and is quicker on the draw to skip than me a lot of times.
    DoggyMama is that way. Drives me nuts. If watching a show and a commercial comes on, she starts flipping through the channels, not realizing that in most cases, all the stations are going to commercial breaks at about the same time. :n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    DoggyMama is that way. Drives me nuts. If watching a show and a commercial comes on, she starts flipping through the channels, not realizing that in most cases, all the stations are going to commercial breaks at about the same time. :n00b:
    If I've got the remote and don't start skipping quickly enough (probably perusing INGO or twitter or some such), I get the: SKIP!!!!! reminder.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A lot of the shows we like are on history channel or one of its partner channels, so we pay the few dollars extra for the ad free version of Discovery plus, I think peacock and paramount plus offer ad free too, it’s great.

Philo has terrible ads, every commercial break is nothing but woke pharmaceutical ads or commercials for other philo channels we would never in a million years watch.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have to add my most irritating commercial since we only got Lume and the sledding old ladies so far.
    The Jack Daniels commercial with all the bar patrons singing Sweet Caroline. They play that commercial a lot and it was tiresome a few months ago. And it just came on while I was typing this!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    At the inception of cable and later on backyard satellite the selling point was, paying for the channels therefore eliminating the commercials.. The system in general started out with good idea that progressed directly into the toilet so what else would you expect from the commercials.
    Streaming is starting to go that way as well, unless you now opt to pay a premium for commercial free. Got a notice that Prime is going that way, and believe others like Netflix ready have or are doing so soon.

Top Bottom