• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd like to find a nice Swedish m1894 carbine. Chambed in 6.5x55. I've wanted one since I first saw one at a flea market. I was to young to buy it nor did I have the money to get it.

I used to see one at the flea market I used to go to about 7 or 8 years ago (Bargersville). I didn't know much about them then, but this one had had a scope mounted on it and wasn't in the greatest condition, but still decent. I forget how much they wanted for it, but it seemed high to me at the time. If I'd have known then what I know now, I would've snapped it up. What I "thought" was a high price was actually dirt cheap for one of those 94's. :ugh:

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I'd like to find a nice Swedish m1894 carbine. Chambed in 6.5x55. I've wanted one since I first saw one at a flea market. I was to young to buy it nor did I have the money to get it.

I spent many years trying to find a decent one at a reasonable prince. Now I have two of them. One is a model 94 and one is a 94/14. Both are handy little carbines.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I spent many years trying to find a decent one at a reasonable prince. Now I have two of them. One is a model 94 and one is a 94/14. Both are handy little carbines.

There wasn't very many made. The ones that have survived most are not in good condition. Can you post some pictures I'd love to see them.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    There wasn't very many made. The ones that have survived most are not in good condition. Can you post some pictures I'd love to see them.

vc8TspH.jpg

The top one is a M94/14. All matching except handguard and nose piece(un-numbered) Nice bore, manufactured 1916.
    The bottom one is a M94. All matching. The previous owner chemically stripped the wood. All pantina lost:xmad:. Excellent bore, manufactured 1907.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    vc8TspH.jpg

The top one is a M94/14. All matching except handguard and nose piece(un-numbered) Nice bore, manufactured 1916.
    The bottom one is a M94. All matching. The previous owner chemically stripped the wood. All pantina lost:xmad:. Excellent bore, manufactured 1907.

Those are in pretty decent shape compared to a few I've seen. You have a nice collection going there. The one I seen at a flea market when i was in my early teens looked like it had never been shot.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Finished at last. I couldn't get the different woods to match, however. Ended up taking the pieces to a local lady who does staining, and antique restorations. It was worth it. The end result is a Longbranch No4 Mk 1 Scout Rifle. 18" barrel with the fore wood I shortened, and reshaped. The Leupold FX II 2.5x28 Scout Scope sits on a custom mount made by my gunsmith. It has quick release rings. It sits low enough that the peep sight is in the way. Me not being able to see far without magnification anyhow... I removed the 600 yds part. Now I can use the scope without obstruction. Should I need to remove it and use the 300 yd peep as back up, I can just flip it up, and I'm in business. The buttstock is a Boyd's because I wanted the turn down "pistil grip" style as it's much easier on my wrist. I did have to trim the brass butt plate as the Boyd's stock is a bit thinner. I found a WWII dated sling online. Couldn't get very good photos outside. The sun was so bright on the snow, it was playing hell with my phone.

jwjfTcN.jpg

qwWunK5.jpg

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Let us know how she shoots. I know that Enfields can be pernickety sometimes until you get all of the stock contact points dialed in. Nice carbine.:yesway:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Range day. Only had one brand of ammo to test, PPU 180 gr SPBT. I used some old M16 targets. Not a stellar performance, but not too bad. Kinda unsure if I should tinker with the fit of the stock as it hits the barrel. I wasn't shooting very well today. Managed to get the same size groups at 50 yds, and 100 for some reason... Just under 3". This one was at the 50 yd line to confirm, right before I left for the day. I was at Willow Slough.

uYzgNCH.jpg

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Since you had the same grouping @50 and 100....I'd lean toward it not liking boat tail bullets (although this is usually a No1 MkIII issue) or user input:):.

I've had days when I couldn't group a known tack driver, especially if I'm not dialed into the "feel" of a new rifle.

Having given my completely uninformed opinion, pulling down 3 MOA out of a surplus Enfield with PPU ammo is nothing to be disappointed in. I think you will be able to shrink that down pretty easily. Great job on the custom!!!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I went back and measured that group again. 2.75", and that's from the OUTSIDE of the bullet holes. I guess I should be pleased. I will try a few other ammo types first before I tinker with anything, but considering I probably won't be shooting this thing at anything outside 100 yds, I should be good to go. The plain looking zero target didn't really give me much to aim at with the meager 2.5 power scout scope, and tired old eyes... Kinda just looked like a white piece of paper.

OK, I'm happy.

I could always use this as a SHTF Jeep gun... but I have a beater Spanish Mauser with a red dot (Romeo 5) for that... Had it out today, and it shot well too. Again, red dot, no magnification, plain piece of paper looking target...

2.3" with the 7mm Mauser

kks0cma.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Range day. Only had one brand of ammo to test, PPU 180 gr SPBT. I used some old M16 targets. Not a stellar performance, but not too bad. Kinda unsure if I should tinker with the fit of the stock as it hits the barrel. I wasn't shooting very well today. Managed to get the same size groups at 50 yds, and 100 for some reason... Just under 3". This one was at the 50 yd line to confirm, right before I left for the day. I was at Willow Slough.

uYzgNCH.jpg

Still acceptable groups for a military rifle of that period. I'd try several different bullet types and weights you might be surprised how accurate it is when you find something it likes.

Top Bottom