• ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    which is pleasant compared to Hotlanta.
    Last time we drove through Atlanta, we were headed south, and had planned to come home the same route, and had a hotel booked for the return trip about 20 miles south of town. I told my wife to get on her phone and cancel the reservation for Georgia and make one somewhere in Alabama, because there was no way in hell I was driving through that madhouse again.

I will choose the few extra hours of driving and go through Alabama if I ever make the drive again.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    People clearly make some mistakes on the highways, and people have different opinions, skill sets, reaction times and vehicle capabilities. I have driven many of the major cities in this country and the highways around the cities have become combat zones. Everyone does what is right in their own mind. Of course some of those minds are jacked up on crack or have not been sober in years.

I have been given the single finger salute, shaken fist, tail gated and lots of head light flashing in the left lane. I pull out from the clogged up right lane into a big opening on the left, dial it up at least 10mph faster than the right lane and start looking for a place to re enter the right lane. If there are five or six trucks, that might take all of 40 seconds. Some twit wants to run 95mph acts like I am unreasonable.

The majority of the time you see the same angry guy five miles later making people lock up their brakes as he is trying to catch a far right exit at the last second from the far left lane. When we are running 70mph with only a car length between cars in traffic three lanes wide, not everyone can have everything they want as soon as they want it. it isn't a nascar track, why do people act like Danica Patrick?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Last time we drove through Atlanta, we were headed south, and had planned to come home the same route, and had a hotel booked for the return trip about 20 miles south of town. I told my wife to get on her phone and cancel the reservation for Georgia and make one somewhere in Alabama, because there was no way in hell I was driving through that madhouse again.

I will choose the few extra hours of driving and go through Alabama if I ever make the drive again.
    There's a reason why my preferred transit time throuhg ATL is 2-3AM

EDIT: and it has been since I was a teenager. I still plan my departure time around when we hit ATL

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

The drivers on those roads are out of their minds, druggies, crazies, and angry people with twice as many cars then the highway can comfortably handle. What can go wrong? The first time I drove around Boston I could not believe what jerks they were, even by Chicago standards. Then I worked around Atlanta and Boston seemed somewhat tame.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

EDIT: and it has been since I was a teenager. I still plan my departure time around when we hit ATL
    THIS!

I drove through there during "reasonable" hours once. Never again.

Reactions: Leo

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Yeah I’ve done that a few times too, last time was several years ago and we still got hung up in traffic from construction.

We’re flying to Florida in October, and I told my wife that would probably be the last time I’ll be going there, at least for several years. I’m just not interested in traveling anymore, I’d much rather take a week off in the spring or fall and spend time sitting on the deck with my dogs and listening to the birds sing.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've pretty much driven in every major city and have driven in every state (except alaska). I will say there are two categories, Worst Drivers and Worst Cities to Drive In.

Chicago has quite possibly the worst drivers I've seen in the US and while I loathe driving through there I think Atlanta may be a worse city to actually drive in due to construction and elements. It rains and they lose their ****ing minds.

DC was bad, but consistent. Same with Jersey. The people are nucking futs but they are a consistent nucking futs. You KNOW they will run the jersey barrier to the last possible second at 80. It will happen like the sun comes up in the morning or the wife has a headache. Mass-holes are just dicks. they pay zero attention to anything but again its consistent. LA traffic is horrific but the drivers aren't so bad. DFW.... that's an interesting one. We got there on a light ice storm and the entire city was **** the f down. If it's not hot and sunny they freak the hell out.

Chicago? They just do whatever. Seriously. Single lane onramp? No problem we'll go three wide at 70mph into stopped traffic. Need the exit 5 lanes over? Sure. You're already past it? No problem I'll just back up IN THE ****ING RIGHT LANE.
    You never know what those crazy ****ers are going to do.

Top Bottom