The legendary "Lone Ranger" hand shot in real life?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Alias Smith and Jones

[shot the bad guy's gun belt off]
    "Nice shot."
    "I was aiming for his belly."

fwheadhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Wonder why he was shooting unless someone's life was in danger...his own or the police on scene. If his own, he might have had the gun to his head. The only logical conclusion would be that he was shooting the hand. He wouldn't have shot to kill the guy. If he was aiming at police, he would have shot to disable/kill; likely that an arm was extended. So if he was in front of shooter and had to hit the hand straight on, would be somewhat difficult and if he was off to the side that would be a huge miss (to aim for center mass or head and hit the extended hand). Almost has to be he shot the hand on purpose. Probably less than 50 yards. He has 4MOA+ (>2") to hit a hand at 50 yards. Reasonable chance of success.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How long do you think it takes for a gun to rotate from pointing at the shooter's head to the police? How do you know the gun was pointing at the shooter's head when the deputy took the shot?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I remember seeing some video from a couple years ago where a police sharpshooter shot the gun out of the guy's hand. He was threatening suicide and had let it dangle down.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I remember seeing some video from a couple years ago where a police sharpshooter shot the gun out of the guy's hand. He was threatening suicide and had let it dangle down.

[video=youtube;40ihDTHpHs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ihDTHpHs8[/video]

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    [h=1]"Porter County deputy on paid leave after shooting man who threatened suicide in hand"

[/h]Who the hell writes these headlines? To me, it reads like a guy threatened suicide by shooting his hand! IMHO, the following would make more sense:
    [h=1]"Porter County deputy on paid leave after shooting suicidal man in hand".[/h]
    /Grammar Nazi.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Way back before Al Gore invented the Internet I remember a case where a deputy shot a crazed individual out of a tree because he was afraid the guy might fall out of the tree and injure himself. This was back when every patrol car still said "To protect and serve" on the door.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    So he was put on leave for shooting the idiot with a stun gun? Was this just because the guy had a firearm in his hand?

Otherwise I see no need to put the officer on leave. He tased the guy and stopped the threat.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Porter County deputy on paid leave after shooting man with stun gun - Post-Tribune

Now they've changed the story to say that he shot the guy in the hand with a stun gun. That is not what it said originally. The original article said that the stun gun was used twice, then there was shooting with the deputy shooting the guy in the hand.

Nice reporting, numb nuts.

I still interpret the article as a shooting with a firearm no matter what the title says. An officer being put on administrative leave for using a stun gun or a Taser makes no sense. Also, why would Dave Lain get ISP involved unless a there was a firearm discharged. I think the NWI Times version of the writeup makes more sense.

Porter County police shoot, injure man reportedly threatening suicide

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Take that you gun-toting hippie"??? REALLY???? There are not enough forms of facepalm to address the amount of fail. Good shot on the sniper's part, though.

That's the only video that I found on it..... the original I saw didn't have the british mcstuffin guy narrating it.
    He was also referring to the police in camo as "army blokes"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I still interpret the article as a shooting with a firearm no matter what the title says. An officer being put on administrative leave for using a stun gun or a Taser makes no sense. Also, why would Dave Lain get ISP involved unless a there was a firearm discharged. I think the NWI Times version of the writeup makes more sense.

Porter County police shoot, injure man reportedly threatening suicide

Local reporters are no more reliable than any others....but they just look so amatuerish while they are being inaccurate.

Top Bottom