• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The theory that there are infinite eventualities?

Kut (is stealing from Star Trek)

Yeah, that's the thrust. Timelines can branch but there is some momentum that seems to carry events along a more central path. The above picture is scalable from the smallest choices one might make up to the "cosmic" all. It also works for quantum states and entangelment.

velociraptor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2015
    Jurassic Park
    We started watching it Monday I think, watched the 1st episode. Really hooked me, the wife seems to be into it also. I just watched the 2nd episode last night, and I think I'm in for the long haul now. I'm a big fan of the sets and settings with all of the propaganda posters and the art deco styling. The show looks really well done.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It looks like I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I just started in.

I have been a Prime member for several years and just started watching shows about two (2) years ago. This was added to my list and ignored until Friday.

I have now sailed through the first season and and into the second. It is much better than I would have thought. I still find it a bit hokey as I don't think the US could have been invaded across the oceans, but presuming our entire withdrawal from the war I can see how we would have been unable to respond. I believe one general said we only had less than 20 tanks in the 1930's and he wanted us to beef up since he thought war was coming, but with Roosevelt assassinated in the early 30's and an extremely isolationist policy starting it would have been impossible to gear up very quickly. Still a stretch but I'm buying it for the show.

I also think it's ironic that it is the Fuhrer alone (among the Germans) who is wanting to avoid war with the Japanese Empire. He doesn't want the Reich threatened while his quizlings are the ones wanting expansion and growth.

Regards,

Doug

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The show is entirely hypothetical and you can certainly pick nits, but makes for an interesting alternate history. If the US didn't get seriously involved in WW2, then it is quite likely that the Germans would have won the battle of Britain. Part of the German win over the US was because they dropped a nuke on Washington DC. We would have never undertaken the very expensive Manhattan Project and the Germans would have gotten nukes first. All of the weapons technology that the Japanese and Germans developed during the war would have been matched against American hardware that never had to seriously evolve or build up under an isolationist policy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It looks like I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I just started in.

I have been a Prime member for several years and just started watching shows about two (2) years ago. This was added to my list and ignored until Friday.

I have now sailed through the first season and and into the second. It is much better than I would have thought. I still find it a bit hokey as I don't think the US could have been invaded across the oceans, but presuming our entire withdrawal from the war I can see how we would have been unable to respond. I believe one general said we only had less than 20 tanks in the 1930's and he wanted us to beef up since he thought war was coming, but with Roosevelt assassinated in the early 30's and an extremely isolationist policy starting it would have been impossible to gear up very quickly. Still a stretch but I'm buying it for the show.

I also think it's ironic that it is the Fuhrer alone (among the Germans) who is wanting to avoid war with the Japanese Empire. He doesn't want the Reich threatened while his quizlings are the ones wanting expansion and growth.

Regards,

Doug

It doesn’t explain it very well in the show, but in the books, FDR is assassinated just before he is to take office, and this all his programs (New Deal, Lend Lease) never come into being. If that has occurred, history would’ve unfolded very differently.

Top Bottom