• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm all for the Don't Ask, Don't Tell, but to tell you the truth, as long as the he/she:gheyhi: keeps his darn trap shut does, not try to be a nusense and wholeheartedly supports and defends the constitution to it's fullest the he/she:gheyhi: can kill any and all combatants of the US as they feel needed to be displaced just as long as they keep their darn sexual preference to themselves and not let it be know to their brothers in arms.

Hell give them all .50 cal's, teach them all to be snipers so we can pick'm off at long range to minimize casualties so that when they have go in harms way the enemy really knows it's shtf time and give them every darm piece of equipment the guys needs. Also get the darn JAG lawyers out & away and release these guys of ROE so the enemy can meet the business end of their mistakes so our guys don't have any fear of prosecution.

I guess I want the Marine defending our country to be proud when he wears his dress blues because he's in the Marines serving his country:patriot:, not because he openly tells his squadmates that the dress blues matches his eyes.:n00b:

:ranton:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    How far do you go with allowing openly gay people serve in the military? If someone wants to go to the NCO club in drag is that ok? I remember when I was in, male Marines couldn't even wear a ear ring when out on liberty, I don't know if that is still a rule now. What if they decide they are a woman trapped in a mans body? How about a sex change? And a few people have already stated, sodomy is against the UCMJ.
    I don't think it would be good for military discipline.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You must be former army.

yeah, really funny poking fun of the guy who was ripped from his family two years after his enlistment was up on IRR, but there he is, deployed and fighting.

and you're damn right I'm former Army, the ORIGINAL branch of the U.S. military. :rockwoot:

of course, I could post a pic of a fat marine... named John Murtha...

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    yeah, really funny poking fun of the guy who was ripped from his family two years after his enlistment was up on IRR, but there he is, deployed and fighting.

and you're damn right I'm former Army, the ORIGINAL branch of the U.S. military. :rockwoot:

of course, I could post a pic of a fat marine... named John Murtha...

2 years after his enlistment or no, that guy is embarrassing. i hate that poster.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Ok, I'll jump into this furball with my :twocents::

Got out 6 months ago. Most of my time was spent in a strategic MI unit. Lot of linguists (remember the DLI blowup?). Few gay folks in the unit. Didn't stop them from being good Soldiers or fine analysts/linguists. The command was pretty aware of who was gay. They didn't care. A couple were quite open about their orientation. As long as one's sexual orientation didn't affect mission or morale, it was a non-issue.

As for more in support roles rather than combat, I've known a couple operators who are gay. Their command knew it, their unit knew it. Didn't matter.

My opinion? Doesn't matter to me. The ones that some seem to be worried about, the whiners and criers, they would've been dirtbag Soldiers anyway.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I think with the don't ask don't tell policy EEO has been addressed.
    Bottom line, during peace we train for war, during war we fight for peace. Where in there does say one of the qualifications is to provide support for sexual activities? What you do when off duty is your business, I know this statement will get a hit. But the Military service is for Warriors and those who have chosen to dedicate their lives in support of the Nations defense. The Marine General is right, if it ain't broke don't attempt to fix it!
    The sad thing is the Government thinks it has to have its fingers in everything, and/or, there is an agenda. Stop it now, don't ask don't tell is a solid compromise anything more will assault the basic needs and rights of all Military members.
    As of this point I'm so glad there are Marines, the only ones with enough Balls to stand up and say what needs to be said. I'm embarrassed of my branch for not standing with the Marine!

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    yeah, really funny poking fun of the guy ...

Easy Big Fella'.... It was intended to be a gentle jab - obviously didn't come accross that way. As they say in Japan 10000気の毒. (translation, 10,000 so sorrys) In english sorry for hurt feelings.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    The Marine Corps has :bigballs: :patriot: If you haven't served, SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE MAGGOT !!!!! I do not want to be in the foxhole, or a shower with a gay man, any more than you want your teenage(18) is legal to join, daughter, in the foxhole, or shower with me.....
    AMEN!!!:yesway:

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Wow! Just WOW! I just got a "neutral" (blue or purple - I can't tell) rep from someone who took exception with one of my comments to FLETCH (who, by the way, gave me a positive rep, after all was said and done).

What :bigballs: ! Not enough, I guess, to make the attempt to give me a negative rep and openly post, if he so strongly disagreed with my comment. I PM'ed him with my thoughts.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Wow! Just WOW! I just got a "neutral" (blue or purple - I can't tell) rep from someone who took exception with one of my comments to FLETCH (who, by the way, gave me a positive rep, after all was said and done).

What :bigballs: ! Not enough, I guess, to make the attempt to give me a negative rep and openly post, if he so strongly disagreed with my comment. I PM'ed him with my thoughts.

I believe that someone who is fairly new on the board with a low post count will give those since they don't have enough credit yet to provide positive or negative reps. It's in the FAQ which you read, right?

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    It's in the FAQ which you read, right?

Yep, sure did! With the attached negative comments, there is no question in my mind what the intent of the rep was.

In retrospect, I probably should not have made my post. No point being sarcastic (or more sarcastic).

Top Bottom