• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Theyre supposed to be in the majority though, right? they shouldnt have anything to be afraid of.

The rest of the majority isn't always around to help defend you against savages with machetes. I daresay it isn't the radical crazies in public that they're generally scared of; it's the radical crazies who show up in the middle of the night and drag you out of your bed for a beheading that keep them from speaking out.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The rest of the majority isn't always around to help defend you against savages with machetes. I daresay it isn't the radical crazies in public that they're generally scared of; it's the radical crazies who show up in the middle of the night and drag you out of your bed for a beheading that keep them from speaking out.

I don't behead people!!! I don't even OWN a machete!!!

sorry, I couldn't help it. It's been a grim night and I needed to smile...

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    if the majority of muslims wanted to put a stop to terrorism, they could. if they stood up and said enough is enough, we arent funding this anymore. you arent stashing weapons and wanted people in our homes. you arent using our children as weapons. it would be done.
    i think the problem is that "majority" isnt really a majority. its people paying us lip service. the iraqis i worked with were not stupid. they were primitive, but not stupid. they were quick to cook their books, or tell you what they think you want to hear. or try to give you the run around until you would just give up.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've suspected the same. There are some incredibly intelligent and deep thinking people held back by a culture of their own.

I don't see that culture seemlessly melding with modern western culture.

It looks pretty bleek. I don't see this as an opportunity to embrace diversity. This will keep people on edge moreso.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    7% is likely the most well researched number you'll find for the percentage of muslims who claim radical beliefs. That figure has been disputed by both sides of the argument, but it is far more solid than "I watched a lot of TV". Even if the right number was as 5% rather than 7%, and they were dangerous enough to justify subverting civil liberties, as many of you suggest we should, then how have we non-muslims managed to survive even this long? Surely they'd have risen up to slaughter us. I mean, there are a couple of billion muslims out there.

http://www.allied-media.com/AM/

8 Million Muslims in North America.

So using the lesser 5% number, we could say we have 400,000 radical Muslims in North America.
    That number seems to be low based on the 25% youth figure.
    Regardless, who in their right mind ignores the potential threat that this "GROUP" represents?
    Enough of the PC bull****. The Army seems at partial fault here for not taking action against this terrorist earlier. Seems they were being too PC and it cost us Service members.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What is different though, is that there are many American Muslims who are genuinely afraid of their own and do not speak in part out of fear. Or so they have told me. And this is my biggest frustration: they have to choose in the end - modernity or old family. One or the other, that is the choice.

Well, that speaks volumes right there, doesn't it? Islam contains a heavy political component in its teachings. It's a political belief system, couched as being commanded by Allah. If someone entered the military espousing Nazism, White Supremacy, or any other violence demanding political belief system, would you have a similar problem with the Army taking a second look.

The implication that examining more closely a Muslim military recruit is a step away from firing up the ovens is a fallacious non-sequitor meant only to frighten away any opposing debate. If you are an adherent of a violent political ideology, it doesn't make it OK just because you call your Fuhrer "god" or "Allah."

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Update: Out of curiosity, I went to the Congressional Medal of Honor Society's website, and looked for "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow", but couldn't find him. So I found him on Wikipedia, and it turns out that President Obama misidentified the honor bestowed upon him -- he won the Congressional Gold Medal, not the Congressional Medal of Honor. And it turns out the CGM probably is handed out to just about anybody. So perhaps it's right to be irritated with Obama... he basically just insulted all of the CMH winners by not knowing the difference.

Looks like even TOTUS knows.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Just because a community organizer buys the position of Commander In Chief, doesn't mean he knows anything about military honors......

he basically just insulted all of the CMH winners by not knowing the difference.

His mere presence insults me, as well as it should insult anyone else who has ever served this country.

Just my two cents, of course.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well, that speaks volumes right there, doesn't it? Islam contains a heavy political component in its teachings. It's a political belief system, couched as being commanded by Allah. If someone entered the military espousing Nazism, White Supremacy, or any other violence demanding political belief system, would you have a similar problem with the Army taking a second look.

The implication that examining more closely a Muslim military recruit is a step away from firing up the ovens is a fallacious non-sequitor meant only to frighten away any opposing debate. If you are an adherent of a violent political ideology, it doesn't make it OK just because you call your Fuhrer "god" or "Allah."

I am good with people being looked at for what they say, espouse, do, but not for what they were born as.

The minute he started talking in concerning fashions, yes, there should have been an investigation into him. Just like anyone else. But investigate the Muslims just because they were born Muslim? Nope, cannot go there.

And I am not trying to stop debate, but sharing a genuine concern.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am good with people being looked at for what they say, espouse, do, but not for what they were born as.

The minute he started talking in concerning fashions, yes, there should have been an investigation into him. Just like anyone else. But investigate the Muslims just because they were born Muslim? Nope, cannot go there.

Except it's nonsense. Muslim is not an immutable characteristic like race, gender or ethnicity anymore than being "born" Nazi, or Communist, or White Supremacist is. It's something taught that you either adopt and continue in as you mature in age or you don't. If the political component of Islam was something not common to its adherents then there'd be no problem, but surveys of Muslims show it to be pervasive, in varying degrees yes, but frighteningly common the world over. Professing belief in the Koran, as the Muslim populations worldwide interpret it, is "talking in concerning fashions."

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

13 Types of Muslims

Submitted by Chanakya Acharya (India), Jul 12, 2006 at 01:35
    Once again Excellent Articles by Prof. Daniel Pipes. Although we all know that Islam literally means "Peace" and in practical it stands for " Terrorism" or " Mass Murder of Innocents". Followers of Islam are muslims or Momineen .According to the behaviour , there are 13 types of Muslims ,
    1) Suicide Bombers : These are the most dangerous type of Muslims , they are willing to die in order to take lives of innocent non muslims.They are filled with deep hatred to massacre non muslims and are willing to go to any extent to do it.
    Examples : Sept 11 Hijackers Mohammad Atta & Company, 7/7 Bombers , Daily Suicide attacks in Israel by Hamas , Islamic Jihad ,etc.
    2) Suicidal Terrorists / Hostage Takers : These are those muslims who are not going for suicide bombings , but they are not afraid of death as well. These are mostly the Hostage takers , they know that there chance of survival is 50% / 50% . They take hostages and threaten them to kill if the demands are not met. They are so ruthless that they murder the hostages by slaughtering them like goats in front of Video Cameras to frighten the non muslims. ( Slaughter of Nick Berg , Paul Johnson, Ken Bigley , Nepali Cooks in Iraq by Abu Musaab Al Jarqavi.)
    Examples: Hostage Takers of Beslan , Hostage Takes of Entebbe , Hostage takers of Brother Gilad Shalit,etc.
    3) Terrorists ( But not suicidal) : These form the majority of Terrorists , they are well trained in handling Explosives , Bobm making , Sniping ,etc. They plant bombs , they carry on with snipe shooting , they do poisoning , they fire kassams ,etc.
    Examples : Yesterday's Serial Blasts of Mumbai murdering 174 innocents and wounding over 500 people in India , World Trade Center Terror plot by Ramzi Yusuf , Anthrax scare , Sniper shootings by John Allen Mohammad in Washington DC, Bali Bombings , etc.
    4) Active collaborators : These type of Muslims are not the terrorists themselves , but they actively collaborate and cooperate with Terrorists who are involved in Bombings or Suicide Mission.They provide Logistics , Shelter / Cover , Transport , Ammunition , hardware , information , reconaissance ,etc. They pose as normal citizens busy in their routine lives , infact aiding actively to these mass murderers. They form a significant amount of Muslims .
    Examples: Majority of Suicide Bombings in Israel are carried out by the help of Israeli Muslim Arabs who are having Israeli Passports and all the rights which Jewisg Israelis have ( Except Israelis go to army and defend Israel and on the other hand , Israeli arabs claim all the benefits and breed like rats to control Israel demographically.)., Plan of Poisoning Rosh Ha Shanah Dinners in Beit Rimon Caffe in Jerusalem by an Israeli arab Chef , Blasts in Jerusalem University was done by Hamas Terrorists helped by Arab Employees of University ,etc.
    5) Supporters of Terrorism : These Muslims are the most vocal supporters of Islamic Terrorism , they hold open rallies in London , Nazareth , etc , holding playcards supporting Terrorism. They openly advocate JIhad and spread propaganda in support of Jihad . These are like opinion makers in favour of jihad.
    Examples: You can see CAIR , Muslim Student Organisations like WAMY , Muslims Groups in Universities, Faithful in Londons Finsbury Park Mosque ,etc.
    6) Financers of Terrorism : These are those muslims who finance terrorism and give millions of dollars to wage a Jihad and Islamise the Non Muslim Countries.
    Examples : Rich Sheikhs of Oil Rich Gulf Countries , Rich Ex patriate Muslims , Islamic Charities and Muslims giving alms or Zakat in every mosque in World.On every friday muslims donate for Zakat or Charity wgich is fifth pillar of Islam and major portion of this money goes to Islamic Militants around the world.
    7) Ideological Leaders : These are muslims which interpret Islam in the its real that is most cruel & voilent form , they often issue Fatwas . These are Ayatullahs , Al Sadrs , Head Imams ,etc.
    Examples : Muslim Leaders of Al Azhar Mosque in Egypt , Abu Hamza in UK , Mohammad Bakri in UK , Al Zavahiri of Al Qaida , Maulana Masood Azhar of Jaish E Mohammad , Abu Bakar basayir of Jemah El Islamiyah , Preachers of Salafism , Devbandi Islamists of India , Maulana Sami Ul Haq of Islamic Madrassa om Pakistan ,etc.
    8) Hate Mongers : These are those muslims who are involved in teaching and preaching Islam in Islamic Seminaries / Madrassas around the World , In their Curriculum , D stands for Dar Ul Harb , M stands for Mujahideen , K stands for Kaffir , and J stands for Jihad. Due to this education in 10 years we will witness whole generation of Suicide Bombers .
    Examples : Islamic Seminaries or Madrassas , Islamic Cultural Centres , Dava Organisations , Majority of PA Owned schools in Gaza and West Bank.
    9) Tech Savy Muslims : These are those muslims who are modern in appearance but Jihadis in their hearts. They take western education and do learn from western means , They make full use of Western Books , Material , Hardware , Weapons , Internet to wage a hidden Jihad.
    Example : Dr. A. Q . Khan of Pakistan : He stole Nuclear Technology from West and successfully made first "Islamic Bomb" ,
    Sept 11 Hijackers : They studied in west , They learn flight skills in American Schools and Hijacked Amrican Planes to Hit American Targets.
    Pakistani Hackers Club : These are the group of Muslim hackers which hacks Non Muslim websites, posts inflamattory material , they issue internet threats , They make & Moderate Islamic Websites , Make Osama's Videos , Post Slaughter videos , etc.
    Recent Moroccan Muslim Hackers hacked a number of Israeli websites .
    Al Jazira TV Channel : Most Jounalists of Al Jazira support Militant Islam and their biased relays of programs from Islam point of View are fanning Hatred . Other Channels : PTV , QTV , etc.
    10) Fifth Column Muslims : These are those muslims who are living in Non Muslim Countries or have entered non muslim countries by infiltration, they are engaged in espionage activities , thefts , crimes , rapes , and other anti national activities . These are those muslims who live in the Non muslim countries , but their hearts and souls are with Militant Islam , they demonstrate it as soon as they get chance to do so.
    Examples : Recent Muslim Riots in France by Algerian / Moroccans / Tunicians which resulted in arson in 300 towns and torching of 16,000 french vehicles.
    They are almost in all non muslim countries and are growing their populations by all means and trying to impose Islam by demanding Sharia , Islamic Laws , Halad Meat , Head Scarves ,etc ., They dream to take over their host countries by demographic Invasion.
    11) Muslims Intellectuals : These are the Muslim Intellectuals who always claim " Islam means Peace " , " Muslims are peace loving" , "Terrorists are the small minority" , " Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam".
    These sort of muslims are using muslim concept of " Taqqiya" to fool majority of Gullible Non Muslims , they keep on assuring non muslims that " Islam is peace " . Their duty is to buy time while remaining Muslim is ready to takeover the Whole Civilised World.
    Examples : Major English Speaking and Media Savy Muslim Community Leaders.
    12) Supporters / Sympathizers of Militant Islam : Remaining All Muslims fall in this category. They sympathize with the cause of Jihadis , they support Osama Bin Laden , etc. From them , the Miltant Islam gets supports.
    Examples : Million Muslims marching in Karachi with Playcards of Osama Bin Laden, Thousands of Muslims buring Israeli flags during Former Israeli PM Mr.Sharon's visit to India, Muslims marching against the mohammads cartoons in Danish Newspapers.
    13) Peace Loving Muslims ( Infact Ex-muslims ) ; These are the bold , courageous muslims who realised truth and they tried to speak it loud , they were threatened with death threats and are hiding in West under full protection of Western Goverments.
    Example : Salmaan Rushdie ( Author of Satanic Verses) , Taslima Nasreen ( Author of Lajja) , Ali Sina , Ayan Hirshi Ali , Ishad Manji.
    I don't find anyone else except these five brave citizens of civilised world.
    If Mohammad's life is summary of Islam , than This Article is Summary about Muslims. take any muslim anywhere in world and you will see that he falls in one of the 12 categories given. If anybody is lucky to find the 13 category , please save him as he or she is the endangered species as Billion Muslims are thirsty of his or her blood.

AND

MAJOR TYPES OF ISLAM

Orville Boyd Jenkins

A. Religious Groupings
    1. Sunni. The Sunni are so called because they believe that only the Sunna is authoritative for Islam. They accept Qur'anic Law--the "orthodox" foundations of Qur'an and Hadith and the Shari'a based on them. They accept no line of visible representatives in the line of Muhammad. Government is based on current interpretation and application of the Sunna. For the Sunnis, the term Imam is used for any prayer/worship leader in a local mosque. This may be any Muslim, not a hereditary leader.
    2. Shi'a. This name comes from the phrase shi'at ¢Ali, meaning "the party of 'Ali." This was the group who supported' Ali as the Fourth Caliph (successor of Muhammad), and believed that it should be his descendants that succeeded as Caliphs after his death. Those who came to be known as the Sunni supported Mu'awiya of the Ummayad clan, who had opposed' Ali during his life, and who seized power at Ali's death, then declared that his son would be his successor. The Shi'a consider the Imams to be the visible representatives of Muhammad, who are supposed to be descendants of ' Ali.
    The Shi'as differ on who the rightful Imam is. Some believe the line of visible Imams stopped with a "hidden Imam." However, the hidden Imam does have visible representatives, who speak authoritatively to the umma (community of believers) to give interpretation and direction in the current situation.
    a. There was a conflict over the rightful Seventh Imam in A.D. 765. Some believe that Isma'il, rather than his brother Musa, (who were Fatimid Egyptians) was the true Seventh Imam. This group are called Isma'ilis or "Seveners." Some Isma'ilis believe that when Isma'il was reported to have died before his father, he was actually hidden, and will return as the Mahdi. Others believe he died, but his son Muhammad ibn-lsma'il, disappeared in India and will return as the Mahdi. Others continue numbering the successors of Isma'il as Imams.
    The Seveners suffered a major division in Egypt in 1094. One group followed Nizari and another Musta'li as Imam. Nizaris are found in Syria, and in East Africa they are represented in the Khoja Ismailis, followers of the Aga Khan (the 49th Imam, whose home is in France). This group has retained from their Indian heritage a belief in reincarnation.
    The Bohras are in the line following Musta'li, the younger son. The Bohras further believe that the 21st Imam was "taken into concealment," being represented now by "deputies." The Bohras are Indian (Dawoodi) and Yemini (Sulaimani). Successive disputes over rightful successors have progressively divided the Shi'as into numerous groups with different Imams.

Examples: Khoja, Dawoodi (Bohra), origins in India, many in East Africa
    Druze in Lebanon, Nusayris (Nizaris) in Syria, Egypt
    b. One group in the 765 dispute recognized the second son, Musa, of the sixth Imam, Jafar, as the true seventh Imam. This group believe that the line of visible Imams continued to the Twelfth Imam. They believe that the 8-year-old Imam Muhammad "disappeared" in A.D. 878 and is in concealment until the end of time, when he will be revealed as the Mahdi. They are the Ithna 'Ashariyya (Ithnashari) or "Twelvers." The Ithnasharis have a visible representative to give authoritative guidance. In some areas these leaders are called Ayatollahs. This means "a word from God," coming from ayat (word) and Allah (God). Ithnashari Islam is the official religion in Iran and is the faith of the majority of Muslims in Iraq. Many Indian Ithnasharis live in East Africa.
    Examples: Iraq; Iran: Safawi dynasty (before the overthrow of the Shah)
    Revolutionary Iranian leadership
    Kenya Ithnasharis
    There are many additional groups of the Shi'as. One notable group is the Zaidites, who follow a different fifth Imam. The Zaidites maintained a ruling dynasty in Yemen from the 9th century until recently.
    3. Sufi. The Sufis comprise a broad meditative mystical movement across Islam. As Sunnis, they believe in no mediator between God and the individual. They often have a sense of personal "conversion," with an emphasis on the individual's personal relationship to God. Sufis are prominent today in Somalia, Kenya, Egypt, North Africa and Turkey. I am told that most Somalis are associated with some Sufi order. Many Arabs in East Africa are identified with Sufi orders.
    Al-Hallaj was a major Sufi figure who modeled himself after Jesus, and was rejected by many of his own people because they said he had become a Christian (see The Path of Love). Much Sufi literature is in poetry. This is consistent with the meditative, personal worship orientation of the Sufis. One of the most famous was a Moorish poet, Muhiy ad-din ibn al 'Arabi, of Andalusia (southern Spain), writing in the twelfth century. Jalal ad-din ar-Rumi (Jalal of the religion of Rome), writing in the thirteenth century, is the most famous of the Persian mystic poets. Some Sufis have been great scholars. Abu Hamid al-Ghazali, a significant philosophical theologian, was a major Sufi figure.
    Some Muslim leaders do not like to use the term or classification "Sufi." This is because, first, they resist labels which tend to divide Islam. One administrator of a mosque known as a Sufi mosque, said to me, "We are not Sufi or any other name. We are all just Muslims." A second reason is that the term may carry a negative or uncertain connotation because of (1) the early historical rejection of Sufism's identification with Jesus or Christianity, and (2) the excesses of some Turkish and Egyptian orders (like the whirling dervishes).
    4. Ahmaddiya. This group believe the Mahdi/Messiah returned in the Indian Hazrat Ghulam Ahmed in 1835. They have a well-organized missionary society and publishing program worldwide. Ahmed claimed to be Jesus in another life as the returned Mahdi/Messiah. He meant to unite all true Muslims and Christians into the one true religion. He was rejected by both. Ahmaddiya world headquarters is in Lahore, Pakistan. Ahmaddiyas are refused permission to make the Hajj, because the Pakistan government has reported to Sa'udi officials that the Ahmaddiyas are not true Muslims.
    B. Political Systems. Many different social and governmental systems are found in various Muslim countries. Here are just a few examples of the combinations of religious sect with political form.
    1. Sunni--Military: Sudan, Libya
    Royal: Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan.
    2. Shi'a--Royal: Iran, under the Safawi Shah
    Old Fatimid dynasty of Egypt, Syria
    Hierarchical dictatorship: Revolutionary Iran under Khomeini
    Representative democracy (or parliamentary dictatorship): Iran under an Ayatollah with Majlis and a president

3. Secular--Democratic dictatorship: Turkey, Egypt. Muslim, but non-"lslamic" politically. Both Turkey and Egypt have moved to systems more like full Western secular republics. Turkey has had full civilian constitutional rule since 1982. Syria's constitution declares Syria to be a Socialist State, but specifies that the president shall be a Muslim.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I am afraid this is true:13) Peace Loving Muslims ( Infact Ex-muslims )
    The only good Muslim... there ain't such a thing.

Top Bottom