• ...and so much more!
  • whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    The Math that doesn’t add up:

A man walks in to a night club with an AR-15, shoots 103 people in under 7 minutes at 2am. The majority of the victims were shot multiple times, some as many as 12 times, with reports of several dozen rounds fired in the air and several dozens of rounds missing. 3 hours later, engages in a gun battle with 9 police officers that lasts nearly an hour.

So let me get this straight…one lone shooter in under 7 minutes reloaded his AR-15 30 times with 30rd magazines in under 7 minutes, firing nearly 1,000rds of .223 ammunition while in a nightclub surrounded by 320 people, managing to kill and injure 1/3 of them, takes a 3 hour break, and then engages in another gun battle lasting nearly and hour in what was described as a “hail of bullets” with a SWAT team?

Having years and years of experience with AR-15s, it would take me nearly 7 minutes to reload 30 times…let alone having time to aim and shoot 1,000 rounds semi-automatic in between firing dozens of rounds in the air screaming “Aloha Snack Bar”…just saying…something doesn’t add up…

Let’s not even mention the fact that he managed to have 30, 30rd AR mags loaded and at the ready in order to do it under 7 minutes. If he is holding an ammo can in one hand (that weighs 40 pounds) and an AR in the other…what was he doing…reloading and firing with one hand at the same time? Either that, or he had a tactical vest from Hell that was able to hold 30 mags!! Something ain’t right folks…

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

A man walks in to a night club with an AR-15, shoots 103 people in under 7 minutes at 2am. The majority of the victims were shot multiple times, some as many as 12 times, with reports of several dozen rounds fired in the air and several dozens of rounds missing. 3 hours later, engages in a gun battle with 9 police officers that lasts nearly an hour.

So let me get this straight…one lone shooter in under 7 minutes reloaded his AR-15 30 times with 30rd magazines in under 7 minutes, firing nearly 1,000rds of .223 ammunition while in a nightclub surrounded by 320 people, managing to kill and injure 1/3 of them, takes a 3 hour break, and then engages in another gun battle lasting nearly and hour in what was described as a “hail of bullets” with a SWAT team?

Having years and years of experience with AR-15s, it would take me nearly 7 minutes to reload 30 times…let alone having time to aim and shoot 1,000 rounds semi-automatic in between firing dozens of rounds in the air screaming “Aloha Snack Bar”…just saying…something doesn’t add up…

Let’s not even mention the fact that he managed to have 30, 30rd AR mags loaded and at the ready in order to do it under 7 minutes. If he is holding an ammo can in one hand (that weighs 40 pounds) and an AR in the other…what was he doing…reloading and firing with one hand at the same time? Either that, or he had a tactical vest from Hell that was able to hold 30 mags!! Something ain’t right folks…

Your years have not served you well.... lol. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Kut (thinks you misspoke, well hopefully)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Where did you get the figure of 30 loaded magazines? Also, lots of reports have the shooter walking around slowly and shooting those already wounded or dead on the floor. Your assumption that all shooting was done in 7 minutes appears incorrect.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, I'm hoping some facts surface. At this point I'm not buying the math. But that is because we have so many different versions of what happened, along with all the rumors.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, is there a source for the 7 minutes?

If the total injured was ~100, figuring 30rd mags, then that's 4-5 mag changes. Heck, I have more than that loaded in my safe (and probably most of INGO does, too). Even figure 10 mags when he entered (not unreasonable), then the math seems plausible to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, is there a source for the 7 minutes?

If the total injured was ~100, figuring 30rd mags, then that's 4-5 mag changes. Heck, I have more than that loaded in my safe (and probably most of INGO does, too). Even figure 10 mags when he entered (not unreasonable), then the math seems plausible to me.

Close quarters stacked crowd multiple hits off single rounds fired etc so on and so forth.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is almost unbelievable how many mag changes he would have to make. Just to have that many victims, shot only once, would be 3 mag changes (4 mags used). Assuming standard 30-round mags, of course.

Take into account the multiple shots/victim, and then the long drawn out firefight with police, and we could easily be over 1000 rounds. That's up around 20 pounds of just ammo, plus the weight of the mags, plus whatever was used to carry it all.

He had a handgun as well. But, still, that is a lot of ammo to not only carry, but routinely stop and reload.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Or how about we try 202 rounds fired instead of the magical 1,000 pulled out of thin air.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/source-202-rounds-fired-during-pulse-nightclub-shooting-in-orlando/340126409

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Or how about we try 202 rounds fired instead of the magical 1,000 pulled out of thin air.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/source-202-rounds-fired-during-pulse-nightclub-shooting-in-orlando/340126409
    I haven't seen a good source with a round count. Thanks, Bogwalker.

I wonder if that was 202 fired by the terrorist, by the cops, or total for both? Also wonder what calibers (thought he had the rifle and a handgun)? Suppose we'll just have to wait for more info.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I haven't seen a good source with a round count. Thanks, Bogwalker.

I wonder if that was 202 fired by the terrorist, by the cops, or total for both? Also wonder what calibers (thought he had the rifle and a handgun)? Suppose we'll just have to wait for more info.
    On the page it's at the 3:15 pm update. It says that is the total for the shooter and doesn't include the police. The count is for the initial shooting and the shootout with the police. No caliber breakdown.

I also wonder if there were any friendly fire casualties from police gunfire.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Something ain’t right folks…

What "ain't right" are your "facts". Correct information takes time to come out. Lies and speculation are spread indiscriminately and quickly. There have been hundreds of examples over time from incidents.

Last edited:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It all seems puzzling to me. So many people killed, one gunman. Projectiles can definitely go through people though. Crowds can go into frenzies. I imagine a lot of the people were on drugs too. When I was younger, a friend (ex-friend now) took me to a "rave." So many people were completely oblivious to what was going on due to using one or more substances at once. Honestly, you could have opened fire and they wouldn't have noticed for a while. Needless to say, I never went back. Terrible situation that is nothing other than a terrorist attack on American soil.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Altogether different timeline, video:
    http://videos.usatoday.net/Brightco...6/29906170001_4940851040001_4939764967001.mp4

USAToday, so... consider the source.

But, near-immediate reaction by off-duty officer, and backup arrives within minutes. I'm leaning towards Hough's idea that a significant percentage of dead/injured may not have been gunfire.

Also calls to question the idea of shelter in place. If people hid in the wrong bathroom... well...

Top Bottom