• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yeah, I'm old school! In my collection, the old bolts outnumber everything else by an astronomical margin. Yeah, they may be old, not made of the latest space age alloys and polymers, but everyone has its own "personality", and they work.
    I totally agree with you on the bayonet. Veerrryyyy intimidating, even when wielded by someone with only very basic training. And give one to somebody who knows what they're doing with it, f*** that, I'm gone!
    Anyway, I've taken a few 'yotes using a Mosin and a K31. Handloads, light bullet at about 2800 fps, does the trick.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Last time I took my M44 to the range, it was at DNR Kingsbury, which has huge concrete baffles overhead, so it really concentrates the light and thunder. Lots of people stop shooting to look over like "WTF was that?"

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Last time I took my M44 to the range, it was at DNR Kingsbury, which has huge concrete baffles overhead, so it really concentrates the light and thunder. Lots of people stop shooting to look over like "WTF was that?"

A few times back, when I was at Wilbur Wright, I was next to a father and his 10 year old son...First round out caused the kid to jump up on top on the hill behind the firing line and started to cry. :):
    It took him a while before he was even comfortable shooting his muzzle loader after that. I asked him if he wanted to shoot the Mosin and he absolutely didn't want any part of it.:D
    I felt a little bad for scaring him...but not bad enough to move or stop shooting.;)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    If I had to pick 1 rifle to grab to defend myself close and far away it would be my M1. But, either of my Mosins or my Mauser are awesome to shoot also. I just like the sights and semi auto smoothness of my M1.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Have a 91/30 and M44. Both of these guns are good shooters, but I made sure their bores were not rotten before I bought them, and that all the numbers matched. You have to take a bore light with you when you go to buy one to make sure you are not getting one that looks like the bore was bead blasted. :cool:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last time I went to the range, we had the place to ourselves for the first hour or so. This younger couple shows up, the dude had a 10/22 with a HUGE scope on it, and neither of them had hearing protection. They looked more and more uncomfortable as time went on, as we were firing AKs and an assortment of handguns. I fired 5 rounds through my M44, looked around, and they were getting in their car to leave. And yes, I did offer them some earplugs.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Lately, mosins are the big hype here on INGO, i guess i have to do what i have to do....
    GET ONE!

Every one should own at least 1 Mosin! They are fun to shoot, cheap to buy, cheap ammo and fun to shoot.

Did I mention they are fun to shoot? Thought not. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    I love my Mosin, I was thinking about getting an AR-15 but I liked the mosin better, it has power, it's accurate even with iron sights (which is what I use) and if I run out of ammo it becomes a club or a boat oar. lol

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Watch out buying even one. I bought a 91/30 then:

M91/59
    M38
    another M91/59
    M44