• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I've been so impressed with my Mosin that I want to get at least a couple more.

I wouldn't worry too much about paying $150 for your first one. They are going to go up in price just like every other surplus rifle. I remember when they could barely give away Mausers and now they go for a premium.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I just bought my first 91/30 and got my case of Russian surplus in from UPS. This is my new varmint control gun that sits in the garage. I have whacked 2 dogs in the past month or so who killed or were trying to kill the chickens. Got sick of digging my other guns out of the safe, so this Mosin fills a gap in the arsenal.

Shot it for first time yesterday.... it was nice. And for a $85 gun with a good bore one can't complain. It's big enough to be a boat anchor, viking club or shouldered to fire. Don't worry about dents, dings or scratches either. Im impressed so far

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm imagining something like this.

woodchuck.gif

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only bad side to Mosin's is how easy they are to become addicted to. On the bright side though, when you get that itch to buy another gun, it's nice to scratch it for about $100. My son started us out when he bought an M44. I countered with an M38 and we are now up to 8 in the house. Most don't get put in the safe, but are either hung on the wall when not shooting them or stacked in corners. My favorite of the bunch is a Finnish M91/30. My son has a Westinghouse M91 that's pretty nice too.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The only bad side to Mosin's is how easy they are to become addicted to. On the bright side though, when you get that itch to buy another gun, it's nice to scratch it for about $100. My son started us out when he bought an M44. I countered with an M38 and we are now up to 8 in the house. Most don't get put in the safe, but are either hung on the wall when not shooting them or stacked in corners. My favorite of the bunch is a Finnish M91/30. My son has a Westinghouse M91 that's pretty nice too.

Yeah, they are addictive! I bought one 8 or 9 years ago as a cheap shooter, now I'm in the high double digits with 3 in lay-a-way. I'm at the point that there's more of them that I want, but just flat don't have room.

Top Bottom