• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, so for $100.00 over at 21st century fire arms, why the heck would'nt any gun collector pick one up at some point?

I picked one up the other day along with a box of like 450 rounds of 7.62x54r ammon that they had in there. Now i have only fired 2 rounds out of it so far but both of the rounds hit target.

The rifle is stamped 1939. Being a russian rifle used in WW1 and WW2, i figure this gun is neat in a historic kind of way as well.. Holds 5 rounds... came with an old school bayonet as well as all the cleaning stuff and ammo pouches and sling.

So every time i get a gun i post a thread on it to see what I can learn. If any one knows a little more history of the gun, or any cleaning tips or shooting tips or anything at all, i would be mroe than happy to read what you have to say. (also like to get opinions of others who own the gun)

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    Go to gunboards.com ( collector forum). They talk Mosin over there. Also Mosin.net.
    They are a pretty good rifle for the money. Accuracy can be an issue. Try and find one with a good bore. Take it apart and clean it well, the bolt and chamber also, Really clean the chamber well as "sticky bolt" will result when it heats up.

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah i really enjoy the gun i think its great .. I will def check out these sites for some more info on it.. heck i may buy a cpl more when i get some extra cash.. its not real expensive so i could even ask for one for x mas :) lol

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I recently joined the Mosin Club myself. Congrats. I ordered 440 case of ammo a couple of days ago; now I'm thinking I should have order a couple of more cases. 7.56x54r.net is the best for infor on your Mosin. Another new Mosin shooter, when is the we need a INGO Mosin shoot. :ar15:

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i had a 91/30 but got rid of it but finally got another one and an m44 now all i need is a m38....... i remember when ammo was $45 for 440 rounds at aim surplus.....only 3 yrs or so ago if that

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If any of you are interested in a M/N and can't find what you're looking for at a local shop, please contact Moore's C&R Moore's C&R - Quality Discount Firearms Website isn't much, but going to the "contact" tab will get you email addresses with which to correspond.

Guy is a certified Mosin nut and Mauser junkie. He's good at finding rare variants.

-J-

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The biggest problem with Mosin's is that they are addicting. My son brought the first one into the house in January 2009 when he bought an M44. About two weeks later I bought an M38 and we've been collecting them ever since. There are eight in the house right now. At that price of admission, you can collect one of each.

The other thing that's nice about Mosin's is that they look good hanging on the wall between range trips. Especially if you can find one with brass hand guard caps.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    the ol Nagant post

So every time i get a gun i post a thread on it to see what I can learn. If any one knows a little more history of the gun, or any cleaning tips or shooting tips or anything at all, i would be mroe than happy to read what you have to say. (also like to get opinions of others who own the gun)[/quote]

There are currently 3,786,987 and 1/2 post about Nagants on this forum I have contributed 3,987.9 post about my M44 and 439 pics of it.

Checking out the search option above I can quickly read what others have posted about our precious Nagants Its fun and easy to use. There is info about cleaning, reconditioning,pics of bone chillin conversions, pics of ruby red M44's the whole shabang!:patriot: WeLCome!!

Top Bottom