• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Back when I had a bike, I did the wave to most other riders when I could; however, it seemed as if all the Harley guys didn't want anything to do with a sport bike. Then after almost being hit for the 100th time by an inattentive driver of a car, I sold all my gear and bike...I still miss the ride though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wave when I can, nod when I can't wave. I do it on my bike and in my Jeep. The only folks I don't wave to when on my bike are the mopeds or whatever you wanna call them.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I wave but for other reasons....

Most of my reasoning is because I am recognizing someone else that is taking the time to exercise their freedom and ride. Might sound stupid to some...go a couple years without having a motorcycle after you have gotten the "riding bug."

If you dont want to...dont. Its not a moral obligation.

I see so many motorcycle riders that are just too busy to even stop when they see another motorcycle rider stopped by the side of the road. I make sure I stop as long as I am not endangering myself. I want to keep as many people involved in riding ...strength in numbers. There are just too many morons out there too busy texting, doing their nails, putting on make up, or talking on their cell phones.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I wave to the other scooter/moped riders. Don't wave to the gas HOGS and cagers. :D We wave the arm bent at the elbow back and forth like a windshield wiper, palm facing the other rider. (no, I really just nod)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I do, unless I'm using then clutch, then it's a head nod. I've caught myself trying to wave while in the car, though the door keep my arm from extending down and out. I don't care if you wave back.... :cool:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i dont ride but it almost seems required in my job... now if i see your school bus number quick enough *if its in my township* i may just ignore ya!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Im not your friend, buddy.
    Im not your buddy, pal.
    Im not your pal, friend.

:laugh:

Friendly as it maybe, I just dont care to wave. I suppose the only people I'd care to get a wave from in the biker community in Indy is the OutLaws M.C.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I will typically do it.
    It is kind of annoying on a long ride though.

I'll get about 1/3 of the hog crowd who refuse to wave. :rolleyes:

I understand the kinship aspect of it but I don't wave at everyone I see driving a Silverado.

One thing that does annoy the :poop: out of me is the "throttle blipper"
    Squids setting at stoplights for 3 minutes doing the "brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap,
    brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, brap"
    crap.

If you bike won't idle, it's time for a tuneup.
    You are not cool. Stop it. :cool:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Ya I can't stand guys that will rev there engine or "throttle tune" it as some of my buds and I call it. If I'm ridin with you and you start to throttle tune I'll tell ya how I feel!

I'll wave to everyone on anything more than a 49cc scooter! Although it is kind of annoying when some harley riders think there badass and don't wave

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i always do my best to wave or nod. expect the interstate i only wave if waved at first.(you stick a 2.5 ft jacketed&gloved pole in he wind at 75pmh) i but i always give a more friendly wave to one's in full gear.

HCAman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Near Terre Haute, IN
    I try to wave to all that I can. In my mind the wave is kind of a acknowlegement to another soul that is risking his/her life with alot of idiot drivers to do something they enjoy.

When the idiot HD riders snob me the 2 finger down salute turns into a 1 finger salute.

... I ride a 2007 Triumph Speedmaster. a little doggy but a great ride. I hope to open up the engine now that the warranty is about up.:rockwoot:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    So, I can see there is a little bit of dislike towards the Harley crowd...:D

Something I have always noticed about Harley riders is that they ALWAYS have to wear a Harley Davidson t-shirt when they are riding. As if we don't already know you are on one!...I guess they do it because they still want everyone to know that it's their Harley parked out front when they go into a store or to eat...:laugh:

...(snip)
    When the idiot HD riders snob me the 2 finger down salute turns into a 1 finger salute.

The harley guys dont wave. They are just reaching down to pick up the parts that fell off.

I usually do, unless I can tell it's a Harley Davidson.

:lol2:What he said!!! Used to be universal but now it seems (stereotyping here) that the Harley riders have joined the BMW riders in only recognizing their own. Oh well!!:rolleyes:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i followed a bike from ft. wayne last weekend and the rider had his own "new" wave. guy did the Nazi salute to EVERY bike he passed...... first time i'd seen THAT one.......

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So, I can see there is a little bit of dislike towards the Harley crowd...:D

Something I have always noticed about Harley riders is that they ALWAYS have to wear a Harley Davidson t-shirt when they are riding. As if we don't already know you are on one!...I guess they do it because they still want everyone to know that it's their Harley parked out front when they go into a store or to eat...:laugh:

My sister used to run with a Harley rider. She said he had a database of EVERY Harley shop in the world on his computer. She said going anywhere in the car or on the bike always seemed to take twice as long because they would stop at every Harley shop within 20 miles of their intended route to purchase a T-shirt. . . . .I guess it's a Harley thing that the uninitiated masses (myself included) will never understand.:dunno:

Top Bottom