• ...and so much more!
  • whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    OK,
    So I watched the movie The Expendables tonight and saw Sly Stallone was packing one pretty sweet 1911. That was interesting, but what was sincerely cool is one point at the end where he is cycling through mags like a sponsored pro. I was thinking damn, I cant do that as fast and hes a movie star. I mean it looked real as hell and he practiced a lot or he is a big shooter already. I need a magwell that just vaccuums in mags when I need them. I was wondering if anyone else caught this and if you agree that he is legitimately fast with a single action?

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    When the movie came out there were claims that his 1911s were converted to fully auto but a documentary (available on Netflix) the armorer says that Stallone is just that fast.

Personally I think it was sped up on film.

Also of note: Stallone supports the Brady Campaign.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    The reload technique was smooth but I think it was speed up a little,I read that he practiced quite a bit for the 1911 shooting scenes though. Cant wait for Expendables 2,Rumors that Chuck Norris & Jean Claude Van Damme on board this time

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    When the movie came out there were claims that his 1911s were converted to fully auto but a documentary (available on Netflix) the armorer says that Stallone is just that fast.

Personally I think it was sped up on film.

I didn't believe that when I read it. Sure enough he is. Saw the list on the NRA site. What a hypocrite.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    But he's OK making money with firearms...HYPOCRITE.

I lost some respect for Stallone after recently watching the documentary on ESPN about how he basically stole the life of Chuck Wepner for his Rocky movies. They settled out of court.

Edit: To be clear, I didn't have a lot of respect left for the guy once he was caught with human growth hormone in his suitcase at the airport.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    He is one of the most anti 2nd ammendment people in Hollywood. He is shooting prop guns that only fire blanks. He is an overpaid idiot. Why are we talking about him here?

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Wow that is pretty hypocritical to be making action, shoot em up type movies that makes him millions yet being anti 2A,Ive seen that list before & am surprised at the amount of action stars that are anti 2A.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The reload technique was smooth but I think it was speed up a little,I read that he practiced quite a bit for the 1911 shooting scenes though. Cant wait for Expendables 2,Rumors that Chuck Norris & Jean Claude Van Damme on board this time
    BBC News - Expendables 2 stuntman dies on set
    All ready in production and having problems. As far as his gun handling skills perhaps he spent a lot of time with Taran Butler he trains a lot of stars to handle firearms. What a 180 Hollyweird has done over the last 60-70 years. Many old Hollywood stars took pride in their shooting ability. Found out recently that Sammy Davis Jr. competed in fast draw, and was damn good at it. Plus he could hit what he was aiming at. At least we still have Tom Selleck. I remember a scene in BlUE BLOODS last year where a BG had grabbed his Distinct Attorney Daughter at gun point. And with little hesitation his character pulled his Snub nose revolver and shot the guy right between the eyes. And again this year there was a scene where he was at the police range with her and shot a real tight group center of mass. On the target I told my wife both times I bet he's really that good!

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Custom Kimbers

Thanks for the cool sights posted . I would say that Stallones hypocricy in gun rights is rooted in his California culture. Im not a Stallone fan neccessarily, but was amazed by his skill with his 1911.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    BBC News - Expendables 2 stuntman dies on set
    All ready in production and having problems. As far as his gun handling skills perhaps he spent a lot of time with Taran Butler he trains a lot of stars to handle firearms. What a 180 Hollyweird has done over the last 60-70 years. Many old Hollywood stars took pride in their shooting ability. Found out recently that Sammy Davis Jr. competed in fast draw, and was damn good at it. Plus he could hit what he was aiming at. At least we still have Tom Selleck. I remember a scene in BlUE BLOODS last year where a BG had grabbed his Distinct Attorney Daughter at gun point. And with little hesitation his character pulled his Snub nose revolver and shot the guy right between the eyes. And again this year there was a scene where he was at the police range with her and shot a real tight group center of mass. On the target I told my wife both times I bet he's really that good!
    There is a scene at the firing range in one of his Jesse Stone movies where he is shooting a 1911. The guy knows how to shoot. One of my favorite actors. Blue Bloods and Quigley!!

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I would venture to guess that all the Hollywood antis arent really as anti as they make out.

They just dont want to be blacklisted like Charlie Heston was, so they play the game that keeps them in good graces.

Obviously they arent true believers...as a lot of them have guns themselves.

Johnny C

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :n00b:

The first one was horrible. They're making another one? :noway:
    What do yo expect, Just like there are "Chick Flicks" Expendables are what a Buddy of mine would call A "Stupid Guy Movie" Meaning the Movie is stupid, and you just sit back and eat your :popcorn:and watch the exdplosions. No thought required.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

He would be the only one they need in the whole movie:D :chuck:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    What do yo expect, Just like there are "Chick Flicks" Expendables are what a Buddy of mine would call A "Stupid Guy Movie" Meaning the Movie is stupid, and you just sit back and eat your :popcorn:and watch the exdplosions. No thought required.
    This pretty much what I thought. A movie with lots of explosions and gun action where you really don't have think about a plot. Just kick back with a bowl of popcorn. I enjoyed it though, I have seen worse and have seen better but I am a sucker for any movie that has cool gun action! I agree though, I dont understand Stallone's take on gun rights. Some of his comments make me ill.

Top Bottom