• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Introducing the nameless beast a 7 3/4 inch long .25" thick hunk of steel sharpened to a razor edge. :rockwoot: I hit Cubby up over a year and a half ago about a thick tanto blade that could pop a door off it's hinges, split a cinder block and can-opener a car door lock, and still hold enough of an edge to open an MRE :D

Here's what arrived last week (after a trip to tyler for a nasty edge) The plan is to send it to up-armored-knives and have it dura-coated from head to toe.

picture.php
    picture.php

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Looks good. Kind of reminds me of a Strider DB. What kind of steel did you use?

i stole that from mick.... see, he was drunk, and the idea was just sitting there.... sooo..........

LOL!

just kidding. it has the same form as the DB, but the length is between a DB and DB-L and the grind is completely different. the DBs are NOT that sharp up front. i calld mick and he laughed told me to shut up and shapes didn't matter. ;) this one is THICK so sharp is relative. i sharpened it to how i keep MY prying knives, but wanted it as sharp as he might want it, so i sent it to tyler.

glad you like it!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    i stole that from mick.... see, he was drunk, and the idea was just sitting there.... sooo..........

LOL!

just kidding. it has the same form as the DB, but the length is between a DB and DB-L and the grind is completely different. the DBs are NOT that sharp up front. i calld mick and he laughed told me to shut up and shapes didn't matter. ;) this one is THICK so sharp is relative. i sharpened it to how i keep MY prying knives, but wanted it as sharp as he might want it, so i sent it to tyler.

glad you like it!

Well senor Cubby, it looks pretty damn cool. I'm a big fan of the "sharpened pry-bar with a tanto tip" look. The DB has been at the top of my want list for a while, and I really want to pick one up in 3V. I've never owned anything in it, but have heard pretty great things about it.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I know Cubby likes the 154CM and CPM154CM, but don't remember what he used on this one. I think he mentioned it in one of his other posts a while back.

Could name it the PFC for Pry, Fight, Cut (or Crush).

Top Bottom