• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    (Fair warning, I'm a Ruger guy, so take what I say with a grain of salt please)

I picked up the 9mm. Haven't shot it yet, but I really like the replacable backstrap feature. I figured for my paws the large was required, but the medium actually feels better. Overall, I like how it sits in my hand. It just feels better than my SR40. Once I get some range time, I'll update the thread. Would be awesome if extra mags and holsters were in stock, but since I don't carry a gun I haven't shot, I can wait a bit.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I like the Rugers I've encountered, but have never owned one.

It's hard to avoid see this as anything but a me-too effort from Ruger. OOO! It has backstraps!

Maybe if this thing undercut the top tier guns by $100 it would be a game changer. But at $500 street, choosing this over an M&P or Glock or P320 or XDm seems hard to justify unless you just buy guns because you buy them.

JMO

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    I saw a YouTube video review from MAC (Military Arms Channel) and he does not give it a good review. If you are considering buying this I would recommend hearing what he has to say and use that review as well as many others to help with your decision. one thing I remember was getting a blister from the rear beaver tail design. If you can wait for maybe a version two to come out I would recommend that. Let them fix some of the issues people have with it first

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I like mine and everyone who's shot it has as well. I didn't have any problems with the slide hitting the knuckle on my thumb. But then I don't have overly large hands like Tim does and I hold it with my thumb lower then he does. The best thing to do is to shoot it. I put the small back strap on mine and it fits nearly perfectly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I like and respect MAC, but has *anyone* had a problem with the knuckles other than with his gun? I've seen a number of reviews and as far as I have seen, his gun is the only one to have this problem.

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I don't understand why Ruger would design this gun if they weren't going to compete in the new MHS trials. Unless they were trying to get more LEOs to use their guns maybe?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like and respect MAC, but has *anyone* had a problem with the knuckles other than with his gun? I've seen a number of reviews and as far as I have seen, his gun is the only one to have this problem.

The guys from InRangeTV (Forgotten weapons) had issues with the ergonomics in the knuckle region too...

I would think it would be obvious just by looking at it that the person who designed this gun doesn't know how to hold a handgun correctly.

I'm left equally baffled what the point of this pistol is as well.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I own the Ruger SR9E model. The E stands for economical I believe. It has a fantastic trigger, 17 round mag, and no loaded chamber indicator on it. It is a large gun and not the best for carry. I like it for the range, and once in a while I carry it.
    9e.jpg

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    I own the Ruger SR9E model. The E stands for economical I believe. It has a fantastic trigger, 17 round mag, and no loaded chamber indicator on it. It is a large gun and not the best for carry. I like it for the range, and once in a while I carry it.
    9e.jpg

Agree totally with your assessment of the R9E. It's become one of my favorite range guns.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    He likes the Glock 17 and VP9 better due to the RAP being heavier and more of a duty gun. He likes the RAP better than the Beretta 92 though. Overall a pretty good review. I may pickup a Hogue rubber wrap around for mine.
    On a different note at the last Stout Field gun show I traded for a new Ruger 9E. It is lighter than the RAP but is a very nice pistol.

[video=youtube_share;FEGqYYgSljE]http://youtu.be/FEGqYYgSljE[/video]​

Top Bottom