• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    This will give you an idea of how gun control laws worked. Following the firebombing of his house in 1956, Dr. Martin Luther King, who was, among other things, a Christian minister, applied for a gun permit, but the Alabama authorities found him unsuitable. A decade later, he won a Nobel Peace Prize.

Read more at The NRA Defended Blacks From KKK

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    ......sorry, I have serious issue with any source that uses the term "blacks" being considered credible.

What is the correct term???? I know what is in the rap lyrics...I would never use that,I personally would be offended if someone called me a "German American"...., Some people need to get over being so sensitive

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll be sure to tell my business partner, friends and neighbors that they should stop referring to themselves as "black". I'll ask them to consult a college professor for the proper term.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    ......sorry, I have serious issue with any source that uses the term "blacks" being considered credible.

Any problem with Hoosiers as a source? Let's all jump into a blender and come up with a neutral color classification. We all stand under the same flag here.:patriot:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Anyone who is a racist is a fool,but for the sake of historical conversation and indeed daily life,race is sometimes referred to....Once again,to anyone who is overly sensitive-GET OVER IT ALREADY!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Wow...James Brown is not credible....Sad day indeed...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRSAVDlpDI[/ame]

You are right...He is not "credible"...He is INCREDIBLE... Thanks dude...Because I had to find this video to refute your comment, my Cracker A$$ is going to be singing this song the rest of the day and into tomorrow....The Godfather just kind of has that effect...It's the horns man...It's the daggone horns...Say it loud James...Say it loud..

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Uh wut?:n00b:

Yeah, let's call all dark-skinned people African American. Who cares if they are Jamaican American, it just sounds better.

Or we could call ALL people "colored" (or as the Left prefers, "people of color"), since there's really no such thing as a "white" person, or "black" for that matter.

Butros17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Wow, didn't think my personal preference in news sources would add such fuel to a thread. I won't bother giving a long winded response to all the flaming; I myself just don't care for a generalized term such as "blacks" regardless as to whom is using it. Especially when the article gives specific reference to individuals who are in fact of African decent. But that deviates to another tangent of ethnicity vs race.

Then again this being an internet forum there's no way to determine a persons real perspective through a post. There was no malice to my original post; no sarcasm, just didn't care for the writing/terminology. Similar to discregarding a writer who cannot figure out there/their/they're.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's unfair to paint the NRA as anything near the KKK, implying that it has a ingrained culture of racism. However, I have no doubt, that in the past, some chapters we less thrilled with integration than others. That's just the nature of the beast for any national organization with many different chapters.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

In the census a few years ago the terms were Black, African American, Afro American, and another all under the same choice.

Then there was just "White".

I have a serious issue with that because I miss the good ol' days when were known as Caucasian.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Wow, didn't think my personal preference in news sources would add such fuel to a thread. I won't bother giving a long winded response to all the flaming; I myself just don't care for a generalized term such as "blacks" regardless as to whom is using it. Especially when the article gives specific reference to individuals who are in fact of African decent. But that deviates to another tangent of ethnicity vs race.

Then again this being an internet forum there's no way to determine a persons real perspective through a post. There was no malice to my original post; no sarcasm, just didn't care for the writing/terminology. Similar to discregarding a writer who cannot figure out there/their/they're.

Then please enlighten us to the proper or preferred racial vernacular that is applicable to all people that are fitting to this description.

As far as I understand from a scientific perspective, everyone's decent is originally from Africa.....or if once chooses a more historical description, Eden.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Similar to discregarding a writer who cannot figure out there/their/they're.

Or figure out how to spell "disregarding."

Talked to some African immigrants recently - they can't understand "African-American" at all. They say American blacks have no connection whatever to Africa, have lived here for generations, and many are from somewhere else besides Africa. They don't get why they are not just called Americans.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Then please enlighten us to the proper or preferred racial vernacular that is applicable to all people that are fitting to this description.

As far as I understand from a scientific perspective, everyone's decent is originally from Africa.....or if once chooses a more historical description, Eden.

You just opened a can of worms. Referring to anything biblical will get you slammed on here these days. The anti-religious/leftists will be here shortly to inform you of the error of your ways. Enjoy.:rolleyes:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You just opened a can of worms. Referring to anything biblical will get you slammed on here these days. The anti-religious/leftists will be here shortly to inform you of the error of your ways. Enjoy.:rolleyes:

Yep. Because we all know that the haters are always so open minded. :rolleyes:

Butros17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Or figure out how to spell "disregarding."

Talked to some African immigrants recently - they can't understand "African-American" at all. They say American blacks have no connection whatever to Africa, have lived here for generations, and many are from somewhere else besides Africa. They don't get why they are not just called Americans.

You sure there is no 'c' in disregarding? A typo and a grammatical error are synonymous for sure.

I completely understand their confusion. I'm sure they don't refer to the caucasion African population as French-Africans.

Top Bottom