• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Did anybody else catch the two wackjobs that stood up during the press conference with home made signs blaming the NRA for murdering children? In my opinion, they are only proving our point for us. Those are the people that will be making laws for us, people. I thought the press conference was well done, though I would have liked to have heard more about the absurdity of an AWB. That was hardly mentioned. What are/were your thoughts.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That was complete BS. No politician is going to take that program seriously. I'd rather have heard them say they will help Congress figure out a better way to do background checks if it would avert an AWB.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Lousy speech is better than no speech..

They had some good points that may make the loons think a little..
    Or, maybe not, the 2 idiots that had the banners and are blaming the NRA will most likly never be convinced the NRA in not the problem..

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    The wackos were from Code Pink. Lousy speech, ask the government to put a cop in every school.

it's not a terrible idea...had a cop stationed in my nice little suburban high school. main job was drug prevention but he was armed so works for the lightning bolt of a school shooting as well

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'd like to know exactly how an over budget school and police system is going to afford putting a police officer in every school?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    it's not a terrible idea...had a cop stationed in my nice little suburban high school. main job was drug prevention but he was armed so works for the lightning bolt of a school shooting as well

Most schools have armed guards since gangs came into vogue.

I think it was a very good speech. They want to help kids without using tax payer's money.

He ask the government for cops in schools. Where does the government get it's funds. second thought forget it. :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought he did a good job. I was like Bubba, I was afraid he was going to talk about working out a compromise. I think he wants to avoid sounding confrontational as the anti-gunners would use that to try to inflame the people in between. So I think he struck a good balance.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The media is balking at the NRA's notice, trying to make them seem insensitive. I thought the message was sensible. Why can't the liberals look at this as having an armed guard posted at schools an opportunity to provide more jobs? It's something we should have thought of a long time ago. It's not like school violence is a new thing... the same guy who has access to a rifle could also carry a taser to diffuse nonlethal, but still dangerous situations.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I'd like to know exactly how an over budget school and police system is going to afford putting a police officer in every school?

I think that was mentioned just as a possible temporary measure, then the NRA would foot the bill on organizing and training volunteers made up of *retired* police, armed services, emt, firefighters, etc.

I thought it was a pretty strong suggestion. The media alone will kill it, but it wasn't just like "Hey here's an idea, a cop in every school". It was, "here's an idea that potentially won't cost the taxpayers a dime, made up of qualified volunteers, and who's footing the bill? The NRA. Don't want to take part in the program? No problem, it's a local choice." You absolutely will not convince me that it's a worse idea than "ban shoulder things that go up and assault clips". This is at least a real solution that needs polished.

I think it makes a pretty strong case for people who don't even like the NRA to donate. The more support this program gets, the more money it will cost the NRA. The more they spend on this program, the less they have to spend on political campaigns.

Like I said, it's a great idea in my opinion. It will never happen.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont

The answer to your question is simple.
    There are many retired LEO's out there who would be the perfect solution in my opinion.
    This would not put a strain on already budget deficient police agencies.
    All that would be needed is a formal plan to implement it.:twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I thought he did a good job. I was like Bubba, I was afraid he was going to talk about working out a compromise. I think he wants to avoid sounding confrontational as the anti-gunners would use that to try to inflame the people in between. So I think he struck a good balance.

I missed the broadcast, but read the transcript. There certainly wasn't any whiff of preemptive compromise in it. They're basically proposing what many here have been suggesting the last week. And it sounds like they're going to create a program - non-taxpayer funded -to help the schools that are interested. As it read, it sounded like a proactive, positive, alternative to the same old gun ban crap.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I find it utterly amazing after watching the televised statement from Wayne, the talking heads immediately started saying the NRA wants to arm students and teachers for a answer on school shootings. What is going on here? That was not suggested by the NRA at all! Were we watching a different presentation in a parallel universe? Wayne laid out the armed response is to be trained ex LEO's and military. The press and the politicians have a one track mind with only one goal in mind. Ban the weapons, the kids are on their own.

Top Bottom