• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The F-22's radar can fry electronics. I'd like to see that. I guess the cyber-bubbas can do the same thing, for less money.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Iran is poking the bear for a reason. They seem to want an open conflict with the US, but why would they want that? Perhaps they think they have a functioning nuclear weapon and want an excuse to field test it on the world stage? Next question is...where would they set it off? Israel, one of our carrier groups, or just out in the desert?

Food for thought. Iran's motives need to be determined.

Haven't they been testing ship born ICBM's for years now?
    Me thinks maybe they figured out how to EMP us .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My thought is that somewhere in all of this Trump has a hole card.

I don't know if they play poker in Iran, but I would be looking for something coming from an as yet unexpected direction.

Rattling sabers makes noise, drawing them does not.

You need to watch more Kung-Fu movies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Perhaps the mullahs are getting concerned their people are starting to get fed up with the living situation inside the country and having the US attack may mitigate those feelings by letting them appeal to Persian patriotism?

I'm sure that figures into their calculus. Whether it actually works or not is another matter. A portion of the Iranian people are informed enough to know what is really going on and will not fall for a "wag the dog" scene. How big that portion of people is, is an open question.

Haven't they been testing ship born ICBM's for years now?
    Me thinks maybe they figured out how to EMP us .

I doubt they have anything EMP-like (unless they bought it from the Russians), but they could have some fancy new anti-ship missiles that they think will allow them to control the Strait of Hormuz. EMP-like stuff is pretty hard to do in a meaningful and effective way. As far as I know, only US and the Russians have that tech. One of ours is called CHAMP - google it.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Their leadership couldn't help but be aware that they are operating within the framework of nuclear proliferation being considered by their erstwhile opponents as an essential component of forcing global government. Would they have been allowed to take control of Persia if they weren't on board? Beats me, but it's just something I've thinkered with.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm thinking protecting tankers shouldn't require more that a squad of troops and an M2 Browning. Those boats buzzing around the ships look like they are made of fiber glass and 50 cal has always been hard on helicopters.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm thinking protecting tankers shouldn't require more that a squad of troops and an M2 Browning. Those boats buzzing around the ships look like they are made of fiber glass and 50 cal has always been hard on helicopters.

heh heh

You said "hard on."

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'd like to see the videotape comparisons of lasers and rail guns hitting fiberglass.

Top Bottom