• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    NWI INGO member Mark Utley (baddyna96) lost his battle with cancer on July 20.

I met Mark at the first meet and shoot I ever attended. He let me shoot his .44 mag. I didn't know guns at the time, but I imagine it was a Smith 629. We've been Facebook friends for several years and I have followed his battle. I was so sad to hear of his passing. He was a stand-up guy.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nw...1905&fhid=8241

Mark Allen Utley DeMOTTE, IN -

Mark Allen Utley, age 58, of DeMotte, formerly of Crown Point, passed away on Saturday, July 20, 2019 at the University of Chicago after a 2-1/2 year battle with cancer.

Mark is survived his wife of 40 years, Dena; daughter, Kelly (David Harris) Utley of New York; grandchildren: David Utley, Isaiah Chisom, Amaris Chisom and Nasiair Harris; parents: Robert Utley and Bonnie Ralph; mother-in-law, Carolyn Ozzello; brother, Steve Utley; and many nieces, nephews and friends.Mark was a member of the Brothers and Sisters of the International Association of Machinist and Aerospace Workers, Local 701. He was an avid motorcyclist, hunter and gun collector. Mark also loved his dogs, Scarlet and Dozer.

Friends may visit with the family on Saturday, August 3, 2019 at GEISEN FUNERAL, CREMATION & RECEPTION CENTRE, 606 E. 113th Ave., Crown Point, IN 46307 from 1:00 PM until the time of the Memorial Service at 3:00 PM. Services will conclude at the funeral home.In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be given in Marks honor to the Colorectal Cancer Alliance at www.ccalliance.org Sign Marks's online guestbook at www.GeisenFuneralHome.com – (219) 663-2500.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    He was a good guy. I gave him some 40cal reloads I had learned to make when I took the reloading class down in Indy years back. Met him at the meet and eats and shoots. But didnt realize till yesterday when I put 2 and 2 together that he was my step uncle. My aunt told me Monday her step brother had passed and saw the obit here then saw my step grandmas name.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    He pic looks familiar. I used to set up at all the shows up north esp Dune's show in Valpo and Dan's show in Crown Point. May he rest in peace.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Snapdragon, Sadclown and I attended the service.
    A lot of people there from his motorcycle acquaintances and union brothers/sisters.
    I thought the service was very nice.

Top Bottom