• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I was strolling threw the beginnings of this tread, There were a lot of great memories.

My New Years resolution is to be more INGO active.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I got out and dusted off the old 3d printer. It has been sitting for 3 years or so. she runs just fine. I adjusted all the idlers and such. I am amazing it did not need a bunch of work.

I have some project cases I need to design and print. I will post some pics soon.

I had a roll of PLA media that was still on it. I figured it would be junk but nope. I spooled off 10ft or so till I got to some media that was not brittle. It seems to print fine. I am amazed. All my media is 3-4 years old. I ordered some new stuff. But I am not going to waste this stuff if it prints ok.

Is anyone else printing anything interesting?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I got out and dusted off the old 3d printer. It has been sitting for 3 years or so. she runs just fine. I adjusted all the idlers and such. I am amazing it did not need a bunch of work.

I have some project cases I need to design and print. I will post some pics soon.

I had a roll of PLA media that was still on it. I figured it would be junk but nope. I spooled off 10ft or so till I got to some media that was not brittle. It seems to print fine. I am amazed. All my media is 3-4 years old. I ordered some new stuff. But I am not going to waste this stuff if it prints ok.

Is anyone else printing anything interesting?
    I'm not doing it currently because I'm not willing to kick off a Form 1 right now, but the FTN.3 pack of rifle rated PLA suppressors dropped last week and it's incredibly interesting. The old fiberglass wrap is out and the new ones are designed to be expoxied onto a genetic carbon fiber tube. The designer also chose a couple of flash cans and made designs to press and epoxy them into the suppressors for a QD solution. They're printed horizontal on the bed for radial strength.

In NoNFAistan it is now possible to self produce reasonable durable cans for as little as $10 for a direct thread.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just bought a S&W 22S and can't find replacement recoil spacers in stock.

I found an STL file online and purchased a copy but I don't have a 3D printer.

Anyone willing to make these? If so let's negotiate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom