Not open for further replies.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Yup I knew that car.

A few hundred miles after I bought it, it broke a valve spring. Beat the **** out of the head and actually cracked the block. I fixed all that, went 11.2 on a remote tune, then tore it apart for a turbo build. It took way longer than expected and I lost interest, got it running on the limited fuel setup that was in it just to sell it. Made 605whp on 8 psi.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    A few hundred miles after I bought it, it broke a valve spring. Beat the **** out of the head and actually cracked the block. I fixed all that, went 11.2 on a remote tune, then tore it apart for a turbo build. It took way longer than expected and I lost interest, got it running on the limited fuel setup that was in it just to sell it. Made 605whp on 8 psi.

I’d love to put an LSA setup on my C5. That’d be so much fun.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    For sure, LSAs can make some pretty killer power. An LSA powered car is on my future radar for sure, a V2 or ZL1 specifically, but I like the sedan aspect of the V2 more.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I suppose I could add this to the thread. While it may not appear all that impressive at first glance, you should know it was a 2nd gear rolling burnout

Screenshot_20200909-021145_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-021213_Facebook.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I suppose I could add this to the thread. While it may not appear all that impressive at first glance, you should know it was a 2nd gear rolling burnout

View attachment 90912
    View attachment 90913

Oh I love me some boost on a V-Twin.
    Throttle wheel stands/endless burn outs through 3rd gear on the air shifter and 10:30's from a bike that was north of 1000 pounds with my big butt on it.
    Etv3qUs.jpg

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thats killer. Best the Vrod went was 10.52 @ 133 mph, still more than enough to surprise quite a few people and enough to handle just about anything you'll run into on the street. It was a just a stock 1130cc with a Trask kit and made around 165whp.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thats killer. Best the Vrod went was 10.52 @ 133 mph, still more than enough to surprise quite a few people and enough to handle just about anything you'll run into on the street. It was a just a stock 1130cc with a Trask kit and made around 165whp.

If you look there is a Nitrous bottle just visible over the seat.....:):
    If I could have kept it hooked up in 2nd gear it would have went a bit quicker. In truth it went 10.88 on engine and it made the same power at the rear wheel as your bike did. It went 165 at sea level in Daytona on the dyno at the Iron horse. No Nitrous. But the bike was a tank. The front end alone was double the weight of the front assembly on my wifes 98 Dyna wide glide. At least double. And the super charger was hefty as hell. I am sure it would have been faster with a Turbo but I just dug the look.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. After a very lengthy phone conversation with Jegs on Friday today I get the parts I have been waiting on since June 16th.
    Now we can get back in the rotation for one of the lifts.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I finally found a guy to do the alignment for me, but as a condition he told me not to tell anyone he offers alignment because he hates doing it.

I had to replace both the lower control arms anyway. He did a bunch of test drives and fine tuning on the alignment and that's the best job I've ever felt. I can go for miles without even touching the wheel, lol.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Picked up a set of new wheels for the Corvette tonight. Slapped them on earlier to make sure fitment was where it should be. I’ll try to get pics up tomorrow. Stepped up from 245s to 275s in the front and from 275s to 315s in the back.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Picked up a set of new wheels for the Corvette tonight. Slapped them on earlier to make sure fitment was where it should be. I’ll try to get pics up tomorrow. Stepped up from 245s to 275s in the front and from 275s to 315s in the back.

You must have just watched Cleetus frag his C5 diff and tranny and thought you needed more traction? ;)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I did see that but no that’s not what prompted the change. I was never a huge fan of the wheels and tire setup it came with. Just not my style.

Opinions on specific wheels and tires aside, I never will understand why they downsized the tires so radically from the late model C4s to the introduction of the C5. Did C5Zs even get 315s from the factory?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom