• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Went to a track rental at Muncie yesterday to work on a couple goals with the car, a 11 second NA pass and a 10 second nitrous pass. The start time kept getting pushed back from the track still being wet from the night before. I think the track finally went hot at 12:30.

The first pass I was able to get my 11s NA pass done, 11.98@114. I knew the car had it in it as it had been 12.004 on the brakes in an index race. The next three passes I attempted to spray nitrous but had traction issues, more on that later. My 5th pass I decided to not spray and lowered the launch 200rpm to see if the car would hook. It did and I went even faster than my first pass, 11.91. 6th pass was another na pass where I spun.

Currently the car has an open rear end. I know that needs to change it just isn't something that has been high on my priority list. If track prep is good, I don't have any issues. The car has been 1.44 60' with the open diff and I was only running 1.6-1.7 60's yesterday.

After my 6th pass I walked up to the starting line with my wife to talk with some friends. We were discussing how they always pull to too far out of the water box for a burnout. We showed my wife where to line me up for a burnout. They started doing some track prep and I ran back to get the car to try and make another nitrous hit. The wife lined me up in the burnout box for a good burnout. I didn't spin off the line but the car felt a little sluggish but was still moving out pretty good. Launch rpm was set to 2800rpm and the nitrous didn't come on until 3800rpm as I was trying to keep traction. 10.877@128, in the 10s!!

Once I got home, I looked at the logs and saw the trans did a 1-3 shift... I have had this issue before and it was caused by the trans taking too long to shift so the computer commanded another shift. I would love to buy or build a trans this winter but don't think it will be in the budget.

One thing that will be getting done is something to lock the rear end up. Spool, mini spool, truetrac, welded spider gears, something. Along with that is some sort of axle retention, 9" ends or c-clip eliminators. I have a set of rear disc also ready to put on the car.

Attachments

• 397167948_7131939160151105_7278782966443851623_n.jpg
      397167948_7131939160151105_7278782966443851623_n.jpg
      491 KB · Views: 7

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Went to a track rental at Muncie yesterday to work on a couple goals with the car, a 11 second NA pass and a 10 second nitrous pass. The start time kept getting pushed back from the track still being wet from the night before. I think the track finally went hot at 12:30.

The first pass I was able to get my 11s NA pass done, 11.98@114. I knew the car had it in it as it had been 12.004 on the brakes in an index race. The next three passes I attempted to spray nitrous but had traction issues, more on that later. My 5th pass I decided to not spray and lowered the launch 200rpm to see if the car would hook. It did and I went even faster than my first pass, 11.91. 6th pass was another na pass where I spun.

Currently the car has an open rear end. I know that needs to change it just isn't something that has been high on my priority list. If track prep is good, I don't have any issues. The car has been 1.44 60' with the open diff and I was only running 1.6-1.7 60's yesterday.

After my 6th pass I walked up to the starting line with my wife to talk with some friends. We were discussing how they always pull to too far out of the water box for a burnout. We showed my wife where to line me up for a burnout. They started doing some track prep and I ran back to get the car to try and make another nitrous hit. The wife lined me up in the burnout box for a good burnout. I didn't spin off the line but the car felt a little sluggish but was still moving out pretty good. Launch rpm was set to 2800rpm and the nitrous didn't come on until 3800rpm as I was trying to keep traction. 10.877@128, in the 10s!!

Once I got home, I looked at the logs and saw the trans did a 1-3 shift... I have had this issue before and it was caused by the trans taking too long to shift so the computer commanded another shift. I would love to buy or build a trans this winter but don't think it will be in the budget.

One thing that will be getting done is something to lock the rear end up. Spool, mini spool, truetrac, welded spider gears, something. Along with that is some sort of axle retention, 9" ends or c-clip eliminators. I have a set of rear disc also ready to put on the car.

10’s with an open diff is pretty impressive.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Eleanor Belongs To Carrol

or at least his Trust:

This female dog widow of the director of the Gone in 60 Seconds remake had claimed copyright to the name "Eleanor" in connection with Shelby mustangs and had successfully shutdown even private individuals from building replicas without paying fees to her.

The courts bitch slapped her and her lawyers back into reality,

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Eleanor Belongs To Carrol

or at least his Trust:

This female dog widow of the director of the Gone in 60 Seconds remake had claimed copyright to the name "Eleanor" in connection with Shelby mustangs and had successfully shutdown even private individuals from building replicas without paying fees to her.

The courts bitch slapped her and her lawyers back into reality,
    When I bought my 85, the B is for Build channel was doing a conversion and they had started calling it Eleanor, even though it wasn't meant to be an Eleanor build. They had the entire project taken away and had to take the videos down.
    I had planned to build the car and call it Eleanor, just to **** that lady off.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Almost have all the parts for the planned winter upgrades. 31 spline axles, c clip eliminators, a spool, rear disc brakes, and going to a manual master cylinder. Still need to get a proportioning valve and I think I am going to pick up a 8.8 brace kit.

View attachment 324882
    sickkkkkk
    I started working on 351w stuff the other day. Trying to find the friggen alignment dowels for the heads so I can get it assembled.

Top Bottom