Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is a nice 3 peddle 2nd gen Camaro I saw today in Goshen.

It is a split bumper car. I like the clean look with no badges on the car.

979C3F7B-A0AC-489A-843E-AD9510CF80EC_zps0nlemk31.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Still a dang chevy. Boooooo!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here is a nice 3 peddle 2nd gen Camaro I saw today in Goshen.

It is a split bumper car. I like the clean look with no badges on the car.

979C3F7B-A0AC-489A-843E-AD9510CF80EC_zps0nlemk31.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

It is a clean car.
    Something about it seems off or it could be the camera angle. The fender/door gap needs attention and the rear wheel sits odd in the fender.
    Could just be me as I am very picky.......:cool:

I do like the split bumpers.

Edit....just googled some more pics of the 70 and it looks like the rear wheel well is off on this one. Tire sits forward in the well.
    But again, could just be me.

In this market where Butt heads put some real crap out on the street one has to be very aware. Rusty has seen it.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a GM guy by any stretch and I could be wrong but didn't those Camero's come with leaf springs?? I zoomed in on the rear wheel and can see a coil spring that looks like a small diameter maybe a coil over (it's just behind axle center line). If it's an aftermarket suspension that could explain it. Just noticed it has Wilwood brakes on the front, and it appears either a tiny drum brake or no brake on the rear. Look at the mounting flange of the wheel and the see spring comes down but no evidence of a rear brake

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not a GM guy by any stretch and I could be wrong but didn't those Camero's come with leaf springs?? I zoomed in on the rear wheel and can see a coil spring that looks like a small diameter maybe a coil over (it's just behind axle center line). If it's an aftermarket suspension that could explain it. Just noticed it has Wilwood brakes on the front, and it appears either a tiny drum brake or no brake on the rear. Look at the mounting flange of the wheel and the see spring comes down but no evidence of a rear brake

I was looking at that but at that hour of the morning it was a stretch.
    I see it now. Possibly a back half car. Sweet.
    No visible brake. Could be an independent rear suspension with inboard disk.

I would like o see that one up close.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    OK, I am finally getting around to making a post about Carlisle. It was HUUUUUUUGE! There were more Mootangs than I could count and there were a lot of other cars there too. After wading though the seas of Mustangs, I finally found the Cougar area. There were 172 Cougars there and some pretty special cars. Of the 172 Cougars, there was one Hertz XR7-G. Sort of gives some appreciation for how rare my car is.

I didn't take many pictures of cars other than Cougars, but I did look at them. The Mercury Marauders had a good showing and they did a Ford GT parade twice a day which was cool.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    OK, I am finally getting around to making a post about Carlisle. It was HUUUUUUUGE! There were more Mootangs than I could count and there were a lot of other cars there too. After wading though the seas of Mustangs, I finally found the Cougar area. There were 172 Cougars there and some pretty special cars. Of the 172 Cougars, there was one Hertz XR7-G. Sort of gives some appreciation for how rare my car is.

I didn't take many pictures of cars other than Cougars, but I did look at them. The Mercury Marauders had a good showing and they did a Ford GT parade twice a day which was cool.

Cool! I had purchased a 70 Cougar from "out behind the barn" when I lived in OK. They had recently changed the procedures for getting a title for a car so never did do anything with it other than collect some parts in anticipation of building it only to sell it to some guy in KS. It had been a Cleveland automatic car and I was planning on building a Clevor and put a 4 spd behind it with Eliminator striping and short fat tires all the way around after lowering the proper amount. I'd still like to do that but after trying to buy a couple of different prospects decided to settle on the Galaxie and build the racecar barely street legal and put tags on it one of these days.

I looked at the Carlisle layout and it seemed like 75% of the show field was dedicated to Mustangs, that would have gotten old quickly and I have two! Sure would have liked to have hit the swap meet though, not many deals any more but that's the price you pay nowadays.:noway:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The Mustangs were ridiculous. They even had them separated by era and color. There were literally separated isles of yellow/red/black fox body Mustangs.

I went to the swap meet, but I didn't stay long because the guy I was with isn't really a car guy. There were a few parts that were pretty decent, but not much I couldn't live without. I got a $10 dual vacuum advance unit for a '68 390/428.

I am going to Dearborn this weekend for the "real" Cougar show. It will be at the Ford World Headquarters and there should be more rare cats.

Last edited:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Me and a buddy went to the show last year. There were a ton of stangs then too. They had a bunch of old broncos which were really cool to see. They also had some Starsky and Hutch Torinos there plus Starsky or Hutch (I can't remember who) signing autographs.

It was a cool show but we have been to better ones. If you are a Ford guy and really like Mustangs (I do) then there is definitely plenty too look at.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The Mustangs were ridiculous. They even had them separated by era and color. There were literally separated isles of yellow/red/black fox body Mustangs.

I went to the swap meet, but I didn't stay long because the guy I was with isn't really a car guy. There were a few parts that were pretty decent, but not much I couldn't live without. I got a $10 dual vacuum advance unit for a '68 390/428.

I am going to Dearborn this weekend for the "real" Cougar show. It will be at the Ford World Headquarters and there should be more rare cats.

The were separated out like that because they were the various color registries. Yellow mustang registry is like a club of sorts... guess the others finally got the idea to play along. I was out there for it for the first time in quite a few years. i used to go to the carlisle shows all the time since im from just the other side of harrisburg,Pa.

If your looking for vintage cougar parts i know of a guy...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Cool! I had purchased a 70 Cougar from "out behind the barn" when I lived in OK. They had recently changed the procedures for getting a title for a car so never did do anything with it other than collect some parts in anticipation of building it only to sell it to some guy in KS. It had been a Cleveland automatic car and I was planning on building a Clevor and put a 4 spd behind it with Eliminator striping and short fat tires all the way around after lowering the proper amount. I'd still like to do that but after trying to buy a couple of different prospects decided to settle on the Galaxie and build the racecar barely street legal and put tags on it one of these days.

I looked at the Carlisle layout and it seemed like 75% of the show field was dedicated to Mustangs, that would have gotten old quickly and I have two! Sure would have liked to have hit the swap meet though, not many deals any more but that's the price you pay nowadays.:noway:

Any pic's of the Galaxie you're building?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom