• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One of the miscreants in the CZickness crew has the vaunted S&W 500. It is a field piece. On a dare I ran 5 one handed with it......"Once"

I hear you about the S&W 500.
    It's like a hand cannon!

I've had one for several years that has the 8" barrel.
    Even have a shoulder holster for it that I sometimes wear to freak out my friends. ;)

It's pretty much a "toy" that I saw for a very good price back in the day when Teddy Kennedy was crying that civilians shouldn't be allowed to own it.
    That was half the fun of buying it!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    One of the miscreants in the CZickness crew has the vaunted S&W 500. It is a field piece. On a dare I ran 5 one handed with it......"Once"
    You rang ;)

i-5Pq3cZm-L.jpg

The mouse that roared. CM uses the above to turn (7) bowling pins to powder ... with one bullet ! :ingo:

i-mNPdv3P-L.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My limited experience would say yes.

While I currently shoot wheelguns, I’ve had a Delta Elite and a couple of Glock G40mos pistols. The Colt was the prettiest, but less enjoyable to shoot than the G40. The G20 and G40 are surprisingly soft-shooting for the cartridge.

The P220 is also on the radar, as the MK25 is my favorite auto loader ever in 9mm.

It’s funny how different people see the same things. I have a Delta Elite and have had 2 G20s and prefer the feel of the 1911 over the Glocks in 10mm.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It’s funny how different people see the same things. I have a Delta Elite and have had 2 G20s and prefer the feel of the 1911 over the Glocks in 10mm.

I’m totally opposite, I’ve never warmed up to 1911s, but the Glocks fit me really well. The first time I shot one in the late 80s I was better with it than any other gun I’d shot. My first Glock was the G29 when it first came out, so cutting my teeth on it made for easy shooting. I have several 1911s and I can appreciate the aesthetics, but I just don’t shoot them as well and they feel funny in my hand.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well it's still there. So hopefully Tomorrow I'll get to join The INGO 10 mm Club

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    In this I felt that hand gun in my right arm for 2 days after. It is a serious beast and not for the casual plinker.
    I read about an Alaskan guide that had the 500 beast. He now carries a Glock 40 with a KKM barrel. He loads Underwood 220gr hard cast ammunition. Says he can get more shots off and the Underwood 220gr hard cast has plenty of penetration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read about an Alaskan guide that had the 500 beast. He now carries a Glock 40 with a KKM barrel. He loads Underwood 220gr hard cast ammunition. Says he can get more shots off and the Underwood 220gr hard cast has plenty of penetration.

Screw the 40. I would roll with the 10mm full monti.
    JMHO and not in a G***K

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Good luck to him ! ..... I predict that he'll have a short career.
    With these 500 grain hardcast, you only need to have (1) shot hit the mark. I'd trust nothing less on a grizz !

i-cxmXwb3-XL.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Good luck to him ! ..... I predict that he'll have a short career.
    With these 500 grain hardcast, you only need to have (1) shot hit the mark. I'd trust nothing less on a grizz !

i-cxmXwb3-XL.jpg

If you research this you will find many guides going to the 10mm over other calibers and are having great success.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you research this you will find many guides going to the 10mm over other calibers and are having great success.

Undoubtedly a 500 gr bullet going 1500fps has a much better chance of being effective on target than a 220 gr bullet going 1200fps. I wouldn't be surprised though that with a bit of practice, one might develop a flinch shooting that thing. :): Maybe a 10mm is effective enough. It's hella cheaper. I don't find myself in places where grizzlies might be enough to warrant much thought about it though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom