• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm still in the market for a nice 10mm. I really want a Sig p220 reverse two-tone. But, alas, they were a special run a model year or two ago, and they're kinda hard to find now. This year, at least according to their website, Sig is only offering 10mm in the Legion and the Hunter. The Legion is okay, but not ideal. And I'm not into the Hunter. Oh well.

I really don't want to settle this time like I've done in the past. I guess when I walk into a gun store to buy something, I don't like walking out empty handed. I've decided to be patient this time.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm still in the market for a nice 10mm. I really want a Sig p220 reverse two-tone. But, alas, they were a special run a model year or two ago, and they're kinda hard to find now. This year, at least according to their website, Sig is only offering 10mm in the Legion and the Hunter. The Legion is okay, but not ideal. And I'm not into the Hunter. Oh well.

I really don't want to settle this time like I've done in the past. I guess when I walk into a gun store to buy something, I don't like walking out empty handed. I've decided to be patient this time.

i believe AllenM has a 10mm P220. You might ask his opinion of it. You might see what a build from Allen would run versus the Sig.
    At least with a build, you can get everything you want.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And with a build you will have a 1 off if that means anything to you. It does to me.
    When this current build is done I will own 3 AllenM 1911's built from scratch.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    i believe AllenM has a 10mm P220. You might ask his opinion of it. You might see what a build from Allen would run versus the Sig.
    At least with a build, you can get everything you want.

Something I'd consider. I just really like the Sig P220. I like the way they look, the way they feel, and the way they shoot.

And with a build you will have a 1 off if that means anything to you. It does to me.
    When this current build is done I will own 3 AllenM 1911's built from scratch.

Having a one-off isn't necessarily a positive or negative for me. I'm pretty pragmatic about it. If it has everything I want for the price I'm willing to pay, I don't care if 10K people own the same exact thing or if I'm the only one who owns it. But I do see the appeal of having the only one of its kind ever.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

This is the one I have for sale. P220 Elite. practically brand new

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    This is the one I have for sale. P220 Elite. practically brand new

That's the one I wanted, but with night sights not the adjustable rear. The only model they made with out the adjustable rear was the reverse two-tone, so that's the one I ended up with. My plan was to trade frames with someone that wanted DA/SA ,but with the adjustable rear sight. Then I was going to have Sig make my slide match the stainless frame. Seemed simple , but I never found anyone wanting to trade frames.

It all worked out as it really grew on me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's the one I wanted, but with night sights not the adjustable rear. The only model they made with out the adjustable rear was the reverse two-tone, so that's the one I ended up with. My plan was to trade frames with someone that wanted DA/SA ,but with the adjustable rear sight. Then I was going to have Sig make my slide match the stainless frame. Seemed simple , but I never found anyone wanting to trade frames.

It all worked out as it really grew on me.

Heh. That’s actually the one I want but can’t find. :):

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys;
    I've got two 10mm handguns and a 10mm carbine.
    One is a Colt, Delta Elite and the other is a S&W, 1006.
    The carbine is a Mech Tech.

I've got 1000 rds. of new brass, 2llbs. of AA-7 and 1000 primers.
    I can and do cast my own bullets but I think I want to go jacketed.
    Do I want to go .400 or .401 and how hot to load them, general purpose or real hot.
    I can't seem to make up my mind.

Any suggestions?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I cant' give you any suggestions for reloading for 10 mm but would like to know how you like the delta elite? I have been looking at them for awhile.

Well, if you like the 1911 you'll like the Delta Elite, mine is an early stainless version.

I have made several changes of my own. I had a custom Bar-Sto barrel installed by Bar-Sto, excellent results. I installed a squared firing pin stop to delay opening and a heavier hammer spring but I went to a single, stock slide return spring.

I went to a Commander style rounded hammer and changed out the trigger with a three hole aluminum one and checkered the front of the trigger guard myself and fitted a custom stainless grip safety and flat mainspring housing.

It shoots 1" above point of aim at 25 yards and dead on at 50 yards. I am very pleased with the results.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will just leave this right here for you.........

9to5zsQ.jpg

JduLHVU.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My buddy from AZ came to town so we hit the range this afternoon. Needless to say, the 10mm AllenM 2011 was a huge hit! He got to blast away with the whole lot of customs but when we were back at the house, the 10mm was all he was telling the wife about. I think he is a fan! 100 rounds of Sig 180 gr. FMJ and he would have keep going but that was all I brought.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My buddy from AZ came to town so we hit the range this afternoon. Needless to say, the 10mm AllenM 2011 was a huge hit! He got to blast away with the whole lot of customs but when we were back at the house, the 10mm was all he was telling the wife about. I think he is a fan! 100 rounds of Sig 180 gr. FMJ and he would have keep going but that was all I brought.
    100 rds of sig is kinda spendy, so...

on a typical range visit, especially if I’m with a guest, I’ll bring a couple of boxes of cheap 10mm, let them get used to that, then give them a mag or two of the Sig Elite. No one ever hasn’t felt the difference. It’s not Underwood, but it’s noticeably not ppu either.

Top Bottom