• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Today was pretty much what I expected. Not that it matters but I think my scoresheet was a bit messed; ended up with a different score when I talleyed it at the range. Can't go down in class so it doesn't much matter, first stage toks it's toll on me again. Same thing as last time. Oh well, I did it to myself by not working the old CDP for several months. Will probably lay off of it until through May and then work it hard to try for the July 27th match.

Congrats to you, TJ! Heck of a run; knocking on Master!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Today was pretty much what I expected. Not that it matters but I think my scoresheet was a bit messed; ended up with a different score when I talleyed it at the range. Can't go down in class so it doesn't much matter, first stage toks it's toll on me again. Same thing as last time. Oh well, I did it to myself by not [STRIKE]working the old CDP [/STRIKE] running the M&P. Will probably lay off of it until through May and then work it hard to try for the July 27th match.

Congrats to you, TJ! Heck of a run; knocking on Master!

Thanks man! Fixed some things there for ya:):

Sorry you didn't bump man! It will happen, just keep on keeping on.:yesway: I'm happy with ESR/EX, I think that's where I need to be. I've seen some true Master class ESR shooters and I'm just not there yet. My goal is to get there by this time next year. I think I can do it, just have to seek out ways of improvement.

I might run the 686 a bit in the near future and see what I can do with it on a classifier. Dropping down to 105pf will be sweet:D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Well, I hit MM in CDP, so I'm fairly happy with that (and it wasn't right on the line like I was in ESP), but I can't say my times were too hot. Just comparing with Dusty's scores, downs being equal, our times would've been pretty close on Stages 2 & 3, but Stage 1 was a different story, no matter how much he thinks he blew it. :laugh:

It always seems like when my shots are clean, the times are drastically slower, yet when I attempt to slow it down, nothing really feels different.
    I dunno... still have some things to work out, but that's part of the fun, right?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Good match, great squad, many body parts seem thawed now !
    Besides TJ kicking things upstairs (ESR Sharpshooters all around the country are celebrating today :)) , Ty O deserves a big congrats if you know him.

I meant to say something to Scott so my CDP score didn't show up on the sheet (it was from Sunday) no big deal as nada changed except the reclassification date, but :n00b:

Felt like :poop: giving a dq when a competitor dropped his gun. Fingers don't work their best when frozen and I've dropped a gun practicing at home more than once. Was it the thing to do or do you folks think it was harsh for an informal match ??
    The gentleman said he was still going to come back & shoot with us, which is a really good thing.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    As the other new shooter I can say that I would have gladly taken a DQ should I have dropped my gun. Glad to hear he will be back.

I believe the blame does partially rest on the cold. I saw several people have issues handling their pistols because of numb or stiff hands. Makes me wonder what scores would have been with better conditions.

Things I learned from today:

Gun/ammunition malfunctions will kill your score worse than bad shooting.

Mag pouch is optional according to the rules but not in practice...

Draw weapon AFTER you turn around.

I want a G34!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Good match, great squad, many body parts seem thawed now !
    Besides TJ kicking things upstairs (ESR Sharpshooters all around the country are celebrating today :)) , Ty O deserves a big congrats if you know him.

I meant to say something to Scott so my CDP score didn't show up on the sheet (it was from Sunday) no big deal as nada changed except the reclassification date, but :n00b:

Felt like :poop: giving a dq when a competitor dropped his gun. Fingers don't work their best when frozen and I've dropped a gun practicing at home more than once. Was it the thing to do or do you folks think it was harsh for an informal match ??
    The gentleman said he was still going to come back & shoot with us, which is a really good thing.

Is Ty the young man that shot with us at WSSC with the old man Obradovich? If so, what a GREAT JOB, leading the MM pack:rockwoot:
    Good job to Dad too, if you know what I mean:yesway:

As to the DQ, nobody likes to get one, nobody likes to give one, nobody likes to see one given. But, it happens. Shooters earn DQs, SOs only inform them of it. You did right. I've never met a shooter that got DQed that didn't completely agree with the SO. He'll be back and with the lesson learned, he'll be a better gunhandler, which is ultimately the point of a DQ (the immediate point is safety). It was a good lesson for all to see as well.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    As the other new shooter I can say that I would have gladly taken a DQ should I have dropped my gun. Glad to hear he will be back.

I believe the blame does partially rest on the cold. I saw several people have issues handling their pistols because of numb or stiff hands. Makes me wonder what scores would have been with better conditions.

Things I learned from today:

Gun/ammunition malfunctions will kill your score worse than bad shooting.

Mag pouch is optional according to the rules but not in practice...

Draw weapon AFTER you turn around.

I want a G34!

Glad you had a good time! One of the hidden things about shooting IDPA is it gives you an honest chance to check out your gear, not just work your gun. It is always best to shoot a few matches with what you have before buying anything that way you can get a good idea of what you like and also see what other shooter use as well.

You should get in touch with Brent, Kisada on here, he has a side hobby of making Kydex holsters and magazine carriers. I was proudly wearing and using Kisada Konsealment Karrier mag pouches.... Great product but he should totally work on the name...bad abbreviation :D

Good call on the G34! I LOVE my Gen 4. Just because TJ earned his EX classification, I will say is. I shoot the classifier match better with my M&P but will shoot matches better and just about everything else better with my Glock 21. Go figure that one out. With at FDE M&P45 just setting around gathering dust, you wouldn't think he'd be encouraging me to pick it up :D although I do still have my black one...for now lol:evilangel:

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Fortunately I had no equipment issues, and never have. I have owned my G19 for 10 years and never experienced a malfunction.

However there was a father and son both shooting long slide glocks that were experiencing significant ftf jams on every other shot. Must have been an ammo problem. They were shooting reloads, with no apparent crimp. My guess is the casing was catching on the ramp because of the poor crimp.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Dusty, other than the bad math in the blue ink....not to be confused with the scoring....in the black ink, scores were entered as recorded.

Upchuch67, scores are usually posted on Red Brush web page in a day or few...closer to a few. If you want, PM me your email and I'll shoot a copy to you. I have your email in the list, but that doesn't mean I've fat fingered the addresz....:rolleyes: Didn't get a bounce back message from it however....

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    So, in light of the price craze we are all enjoying....how much could I have charged for handwarmers yesterday? :rockwoot:

Probably at least a box of 22lr per handwarmer!

One of the guys was saying how at the SASS shoots they have bon fires, that almost made me go buy a cowboy gun...

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    I had a great time as always. I was very pleased with my scores on the first two stages. I will be working on my longer shots for the third stage in the future. I thought I had a good chance at SS until that last stage. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in April.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Just remembered. I was talking to a friend at church this morning. He has a shot timer on his I phone. He said it was a free app, I think it was shot timmer, not sure. He said it works pretty well and that its free. I would try it but I don't have a smart phone. I heard some guys talking about buying one to have for practice and wanted to let you know about this.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just remembered. I was talking to a friend at church this morning. He has a shot timer on his I phone. He said it was a free app, I think it was shot timmer, not sure. He said it works pretty well and that its free. I would try it but I don't have a smart phone. I heard some guys talking about buying one to have for practice and wanted to let you know about this.

I've seen it and it seems to work well; beats spending $150 on a timer if you've got the phone. I'd eventually like to have a timer of my own.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I had a great time as always. I was very pleased with my scores on the first two stages. I will be working on my longer shots for the third stage in the future. I thought I had a good chance at SS until that last stage. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in April.

When it is cold being scorekeeper is the hardest job out there (particularly when antsy shooters insist on running back and forth with their scoresheets & messing up the stack).

Thank You :rockwoot:

You'd have probably made SS easy if your fingers weren't numb.

Top Bottom