• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You are going from a skate board to a Ferrari. Congratulations on that.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for dies. I ordered a set of Hornady dies from Natchezss, but it said they will not ship till next week. Hopefully I can pick up a box of 9mm from WM between now and the next RB match to get me by until I can reload.

The Hornady dies are some quality stuff. i did reload using the Lee dies and they are just as good but the Lee does have the crimp and bullet seating die in one where the Lee was a separate operation. Not that big of a deal if you are on a turret or progressive but on a single-stage that extra step is annoying!

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    I wish I was reloading... I have projectiles, powder, and brass but no dies. I passed on some RCBS dies at Meek's a couple weeks ago thinking I could order a lee set online, now I cant find them in any LGS or online...

Buck and Jake's in Boonville had a couple sets of Lee dies a few weeks back.

Made the trip today, but negative on the 9mm dies. Sorry man.

BUT, something great did happen while I was there:D I looked on the floor and low and behold they had a Dillon 550 with all the goodies laying there, new in the box.

Dave's? I noticed he had a few Dillon presses the last time I was in there. Nice score! :yesway:

Thanks for keeping an eye out for dies. I ordered a set of Hornady dies from Natchezss, but it said they will not ship till next week.

When I ordered my .223 FC die from them, it was almost 3 weeks by the time I got it.:dunno:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Dave's? I noticed he had a few Dillon presses the last time I was in there. Nice score! :yesway:

It was Dave's. He recieved two RL550s in, one was spoken for and the other put out. Dave said it and the conversion kits had been out for about 10 or 15 minutes:D

If anyone is looking Dave has and has had some Square Deals for a while. Seems like they were in the $369 range or so.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I think the story now is just to get in line and don't be in a hurry. eBay is always an option, though. I'd bet .223 items are the hardest to find currently.

Actually 9mm is harder to come by for some reason. A sets of new Lee 9mm dies have been selling for more than a hundred bucks for the last several weeks. 223 sets haven't skyrocketed in price that much.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm all for capitalism, but $100 bucks for 9 dies:eek::eek: Wow.

Can't think about it much right now. Tis a happy day in the Milam house

happyreloaderBlue_zps6a0c96f0.gif

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm all for capitalism, but $100 bucks for 9 dies:eek::eek: Wow.

Can't think about it much right now. Tis a happy day in the Milam house

Wow! I do know that I sold several reloading related things on eBay a couple of weeks ago and turned a tidy profit. There were too many .223 dies for me to put mine up since mine are slightly used and somebody had several sets of NIB up for about retail.

Cabela's is a place that I think some have overlooked for reloading stuff. They've had a few on occasion but it is possible that now everybody is looking everywhere and there aren't too many bargains left to be found.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Try finding a #16 (.223) shell plate for the Hornady LNL AP! Ebay is the only place right now and they are CRAZY!!!

I know! I saw one go for $112 dollars...oh, wait. That was mine that I sold! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How crazy is that? I sold my RCBS Rock Chucker single-stage for $40 more than I paid for it new. I tried selling some of my old brass on there but they pulled the auction because you can't sell spent brass on eBay....WTH is that all about? :dunno:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I know! I saw one go for $112 dollars...oh, wait. That was mine that I sold! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How crazy is that? I sold my RCBS Rock Chucker single-stage for $40 more than I paid for it new. I tried selling some of my old brass on there but they pulled the auction because you can't sell spent brass on eBay....WTH is that all about? :dunno:

It's evil looking.
    May scare someone by the sight of it while shopping on Ebay.
    Once used shot shell hulls are ok on Ebay as long as they came from a double barrel.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That is the only piece that I have bought at panic prices. It was the final piece to the puzzle. Gave $80 for one. Hated to, but now I can load .223 on my press! :D

I almost felt bad. I was hoping to maybe get $60 or so since they were exploding on there but I had no idea there would be this huge bidding war for it. Same with the press. I figured if I could get $75 or $80 out of it, I'd be ok but I guess mine was the only new RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme and it went like mad, too. I still have my .223 dies but haven't figured out what to do with those just yet.

Top Bottom