• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Ok thanks. I was reading some of the past post and thought you guys had yours on there. I didn't put my email on the sheet this time, I was just making sure I didnt screw up that too.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You had that missing umbrella on your mind, didn't you? :D LOLOL

Now that you mention it, the answer is obvious!!

Almost hurt myself on a reload in a house stage. Started to move since I was behind cover, caught myself mentally but already had forward momentum, ended up doing an old man weirdo ballet thing where the left toe just barely held the ground long enough for the slide to close. According to the squad, that which is seen can not be unseen.

More importantly, Sellersburgh has a USPSA match Sunday, they do it right in my opinion. Anybody who had fun at the Kolonel would likely have fun Sunday (and not have to get up so durn early).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Now that you mention it, the answer is obvious!!

Almost hurt myself on a reload in a house stage. Started to move since I was behind cover, caught myself mentally but already had forward momentum, ended up doing an old man weirdo ballet thing where the left toe just barely held the ground long enough for the slide to close. According to the squad, that which is seen can not be unseen.

More importantly, Sellersburgh has a USPSA match Sunday, they do it right in my opinion. Anybody who had fun at the Kolonel would likely have fun Sunday (and not have to get up so durn early).

I'm keeping an eye out for those Hello Kitty umbrellas so you are less likely to loan them out :D

Those types of moves hurt the worst LOL it's hell getting old.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So now that the big tourney season is over is anyone taking a break and busting out anything new? I've got an fever that either a .45 or more cowbell will be able to cure!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So now that the big tourney season is over is anyone taking a break and busting out anything new? I've got an fever that either a .45 or more cowbell will be able to cure!

Well, since you asked:D I think I've made my plans to run in ESR next year known, but today as I was cleaning my range bag out and stripping moonclips I found I had about 150 rounds of 45acp ready to shoot. I might just run my M&P45 at the next local. These same loads went over the chrony at the Music City Cup clocking in at 180pf, which should be nice and snappy out of a bottom feeder. Don't know if I want to go SSP or CDP with it though:dunno:. Probably SSP or ESP. When bringing the pain, why not bring it 10 rounds at a time.

Aw, who I am kidding. I'm too cheap to loose that 45 brass:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well, since you asked:D I think I've made my plans to run in ESR next year known, but today as I was cleaning my range bag out and stripping moonclips I found I had about 150 rounds of 45acp ready to shoot. I might just run my M&P45 at the next local. These same loads went over the chrony at the Music City Cup clocking in at 180pf, which should be nice and snappy out of a bottom feeder. Don't know if I want to go SSP or CDP with it though:dunno:. Probably SSP or ESP. When bringing the pain, why not bring it 10 rounds at a time.

LOL it was weird pulling out the .45s today. Been shooting the 34 for so long everything else feels like a brick!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You got that right, but at least 45 brass is a fair bit easier to see/recover vs 9mm.
    LOL it was weird pulling out the .45s today. Been shooting the 34 for so long everything else feels like a brick!
    I approve this message. Even though the 9mm is all steel, it still doesn't carry that beefiness that the plastic M&P45 does for some reason... it's just more "girthy". :laugh:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You got that right, but at least 45 brass is a fair bit easier to see/recover vs 9mm.

I approve this message. Even though the 9mm is all steel, it still doesn't carry that beefiness that the plastic M&P45 does for some reason... it's just more "girthy". :laugh:

They have more Girth Units than the 9mm versions lol

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Info for the WSSC match this Saturday:

Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on
    Saturday, November 9th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation
    at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.

We had planned to hold the 2013 Postal Match, but due to the rule
    changes the Postal Match has bee delayed until the spring. Because of
    the delay we will be running 2012 Postal match along with 2 additional
    Standards Courses of Fire. The minimum round count of 78. The cost will
    be $10.00 per weapon. Feel free to contact me or go to the IDPA website
    for the rules. http://www.idpa.com/

A lunch will be available for $5.00. The lunch will be ready about
    1:00pm. Shooters can eat at their leisure.

WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am. This is an
    easy way to get your work hours.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Know where to find the 2012 COF's on the web??

ps. The MJ picture is awesome!

Wow, never would have picked you for a fan:):

Here's the 2012 Postal Match: http://www.defensivepistol.org/documents/IDPAPostal2012.pdf

Ya'll have a good time! Unfortunately I won't be at this one. I've got SO obligations at other clubs for the next two weeks. Don't know what I was thinking putting myself down for the opening day of deer season:ugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Know where to find the 2012 COF's on the web??

The 2012 Postal Match has been my favorite of the several I've shot. One year the courses were awful! It was as if the COF designers decided to break every written rule in IDPA and make THAT the Postal Match mission statement or something. This has the bicycle crash stage which I thought was fun... in fact all 4 stages on this one is really good. WSSC will have those 4 plus a couple of Standards so it'll be Mucho Fun-o!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Head's Up... Powder Valley just posted that they've received a large quantity of Berry's Bullets. They have 124 and 147 1000-round boxes in stock as of this posting.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Head's Up... Powder Valley just posted that they've received a large quantity of Berry's Bullets. They have 124 and 147 1000-round boxes in stock as of this posting.

Sweet deal. Just to add to this, Montana Gold has a variety of 124 gr in stock, as well as 147's except those are only 1k quantity, no 3k cases. :/

Top Bottom