• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I know... If I hadn't already taken a few Fridays off I could have made it. For some reason I was thinking it was Saturday until I looked at the dates again last week or I would have put in for some PTO. I didn't think they used to be on Sunday :dunno:

I think this is a one time thing. Range is closed on Saturday I'm guessing for work or police??

But, it's a better excuse for missing than Mrs. Frost'. (What the heck is Mom Prom anyway):laugh:

As a bonus though I scored a brand new SIG 1911 to use for competition but I'll probably end up carrying it once I shoot it and see how it does lol.

Nice!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Email was just resent:
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on

Saturday, April 12th.
    10:30AM, shooting
    starts at 11:00AM.

We will have 6 Courses of Fire,
    and there will be a minimum round count
    of about 85. The cost will be $10.00 per weapon. Go to the IDPA website for the rules.
    http://www.idpa.com/

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Great match today with the most shooters I've seen at WSSC for IDPA, and half were new shooters!
    bodes well

Good to hear!

I missed this match because I didn't hang around the computer long enough to know what was going on. I asked about a sidematch and had no response so I just figured the WSSC were scrapbooking. The family and I packed up and did some camping and fishing. Plus I shot Owensboro on Friday so I had already wasted plenty of ammo this weekend:laugh:

Hope everyone had a great match!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It was a good time! I showed up about an hour late but due to the size of the squads I hardly missed a thing! I will say this, you don't realize how much you use your support hand until it hurts like hell when you use it! :D And I got to debut my new IDPA gear and I expect to see a dozen or more just like it over the next few matches!!!

blindguy74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2014
    Rockport
    Can spectators attend matches etc? Im not a member but have considered becoming one/shooting competitively. I wasnt sure if I could attend a match/the cost etc.. Red Brush isnt too far from me and ive also considered becoming a member. 18 miles according to google maps. Also the owensboro range thats out almost in hancock county is on my way to and from work.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Our squad probably hadn't finished pasting for the 1st shooter.

When you have to ***** at 15 guys to paste 3 targets you really miss TJ being there.

No doubt!

How did BITB go for you? Haven't checked the scores but remember you said you planned to make it.

Can spectators attend matches etc? Im not a member but have considered becoming one/shooting competitively. I wasnt sure if I could attend a match/the cost etc.. Red Brush isnt too far from me and ive also considered becoming a member. 18 miles according to google maps. Also the owensboro range thats out almost in hancock county is on my way to and from work.

Spectators are welcome without being range or IDPA members (free to watch), but I frankly discourage it. Better to grab your gun, mags and ammo and just come shoot! Seriously, you'll wish you had if you left gear at home and just came to watch. No need for range membership to shoot the match although some places (Owensboro) will discount the match fee if you are a member.

Owensboro is a lot cheaper and easier to join than RB. RB has a longer rifle range, pistol bays are equal in my opinion, Owensboro has a shotgun range. I'm a member of neither but will probably join Owensboro soon.

I see you live in Rockport. I'm close to you in Grandview. I'd be glad to help you get started in comp shooting if you ever have questions or want to check out some gear. Hope to see you on the range!

Top Bottom