• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Fun match, god-awful sweating and after seeing scores, I want a do-over. :laugh:

I knew I didn't do too well, but I didn't think it was quite that bad.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've never seen him look that comfortable at a match. He shot well from the start and I commented on it a couple of times, I don't know that positive reinforcement made any difference, but next time I won't take the risk.

There were some great matches shot all around Saturday! Having multiple safety officers on a squad can really help in a lot of areas. Even a few moments out of the sun, enough to collect your thoughts before you shoot, can make a huge huge difference!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    11428214_833153863398982_1387567512_n.jpg

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    ok, 3 days is way too long without a post! we still have 2 weeks to go before the next match!!

Had a zen moment I think, but maybe not, figured I'd throw it out there for ridicule to keep Mike happy though :) .

Have been having a terrible time with swingers. A better shooter set up a swinger and pepper popper activator to help me a bit. At first I was missing or getting bad shots on the swinger and felt rushed. We talked things through a bit and the other guy convinced me that there was plenty of time to get off two good shots. Turns out that when I believed there was plenty of time then there was plenty of time and after getting that in my head there were not any more misses or bad shots.

My thinking is that the feeling of time pressure sort of puts noise in your head and that slows you down, when that noise is not there then you can feel calm and do things faster.

Could be full of it though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Had a zen moment I think, but maybe not, figured I'd throw it out there for ridicule to keep Mike happy though :) .

Have been having a terrible time with swingers. A better shooter set up a swinger and pepper popper activator to help me a bit. At first I was missing or getting bad shots on the swinger and felt rushed. We talked things through a bit and the other guy convinced me that there was plenty of time to get off two good shots. Turns out that when I believed there was plenty of time then there was plenty of time and after getting that in my head there were not any more misses or bad shots.

My thinking is that the feeling of time pressure sort of puts noise in your head and that slows you down, when that noise is not there then you can feel calm and do things faster.

No, I think you are spot on about that. Like anything, we add more stress than necessary! Much like the Classifier, where people would look at it with dread and psych themselves out before the first shot, once you learned how to properly deal with and look forward to the Classifier all was good! With the swingers, once you honestly realize how much time you really DO have, or with disappearing targets and the like, it is amazing what can happen!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

I believe this to be part of my struggle overall, rushing too much.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I believe this to be part of my struggle overall, rushing too much.

how much do we hear that it oftentimes isn't what we are doing that betters our score but what we DON'T do that betters it. One of the hardest things to do is to slow down when you have to and then step back on the gas right after...taking that extra half second to get a better shot on the movers will pay dividends at the end when you tally the scores.

joncor2577

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    There will be some good chances to put these thoughts to use at the August RB match. Double disappearing targets may be in one stage. :dunno:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    There will be some good chances to put these thoughts to use at the August RB match. Double disappearing targets may be in one stage. :dunno:

If the heat index is in the + 105 range there will probably be disappearing shooters as well, maybe we will be lucky this August though. Still have bad memories of the 'wow giant snake' - 'look Mike fainted' match.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If the heat index is in the + 105 range there will probably be disappearing shooters as well, maybe we will be lucky this August though. Still have bad memories of the 'wow giant snake' - 'look Mike fainted' match.

I about had another one of those days at WSSC LOL There is a fine line between pushing to get the squad through a stage and pushing too much without a break! It is important to give breaks to those that are running shooters and scoring, get them out of the sun, into the shade and a few moments to rehydrate! If not you'll have Brent trying to get into other people's cars after the match is over with LOL :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It is important to give breaks to those that are running shooters and scoring, get them out of the sun, into the shade and a few moments to rehydrate!

:+1:

Other thing is that brain death mode kicks in after a while.

Brent is not the only one who has gotten mixed up on cars at the end of a match. I blame this on a friend for driving his wife's car that I am not used to seeing and the other guy for walking away from his car with the trunk open.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    :+1:

Other thing is that brain death mode kicks in after a while.

Brent is not the only one who has gotten mixed up on cars at the end of a match. I blame this on a friend for driving his wife's car that I am not used to seeing and the other guy for walking away from his car with the trunk open.

My only saving grace for me has been nobody has had a car or truck look like mine when it was time for me to wander aimlessly out into the parking lot LOL

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I about had another one of those days at WSSC LOL There is a fine line between pushing to get the squad through a stage and pushing too much without a break! It is important to give breaks to those that are running shooters and scoring, get them out of the sun, into the shade and a few moments to rehydrate! If not you'll have Brent trying to get into other people's cars after the match is over with LOL :D

I could be wrong, but Brent may have been close to doing this once again WSSC last match. Just sayin.

It'd be great if a little more effort could be made to spread the # of SO's amongst squads better when the temp's are in the blast furnace range. Last WSSC, our squad had a grand total of two SO's and about 50 some new shooters. Ok, maybe not 50, but it felt like it by the last stage. More then half of our squad was made up with new shooters. Just a thought. waaa2

Top Bottom