mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I took a few pictures the other day but never got them posted for you. This is the latest project. The engine block arrived today...needs bored out and then I can order the rebuild kit once we see what size piston the machine shop recommends.

Q7lROxH.jpg

PhBC6W4.jpg

YKX69Xp.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom that is just too freaking cool.

He is estimating under $1500 to get it operational again. The engine block arrived yesterday along with the first half of the Surplus Center order. UPS should be back today with the rest of that order. I have a couple of things coming from Ebay and several other items marked that we will order after he talks to the machine shop. His friend is doing asphalt patching right now but this would let him bid on parking lots and such that are a bit bigger jobs. He is another retired guy that can't sit still. LOL

Good morning SAM! I have to be at work at 6 my time today....we open at 7 fast time on Thursdays during the summer but only work till noon so I should be home by noon my time even after stopping at Aldi.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Morning mom, Haven...
    it might help, make sure you don’t have any standing water around the property. Just a bucket with water in the bottom will produce a bunch of them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning mom, Haven...
    it might help, make sure you don’t have any standing water around the property. Just a bucket with water in the bottom will produce a bunch of them.

The only water we have is for the deer/turkeys and I dump the bucket all the time and the livestock tank at least once a week or as soon as I see larvae in it. I use the water on my plants and flower pots and wash the tank and refill it. Living in the woods makes it a bit worse. I like my Thermocell...it does a great job at keeping me free of bites when I am working in the yard.

Almost time to head to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom