Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Seriously.... what's the point of these threads? Is it to raise the number under your name? Is it to see how far you can push things before we lock them?

I'm going to have to write a thesis on Web Forum Psychology and the answer to the above questions is valuable research.

We get to know other members! we interact! its in the break room! its fun,! oops! I said the fun word! Why do you dislike them? In any other thread if there is an offending post you delete the offending post and warn the poster, in these you just lock the thread or delete it completely! whats up with that? I have made some good friends in these threads, this forum is to bring people together with the same likes and dislikes and when it works it seems to peeve off certain mods! and boom the hammer falls, what do you expect to happen when people with the same likes and dislikes get together to happen? if we do become friends and pass the day with threads like this you say enough and put a stop to it. don't make sense to me. :D

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    FUN is a bad word? Oh my oh my i thought it was only 4 letter words that were bad. Oh such a sad sad world and no more FUN. LOL ibtl

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    [soapbox]
    Hey guys, it's really easy. We want you to have fun here. We also want information to be found and shared here. We've said from the beginning that we're a community of firearms owners that borders on family. Please don't make us have to go back to a G-rated forum. Not only was it boring, it was a PITA to keep clean. All we're asking is that you keep it clean, and keep it fun. References to bodily swordfighting and drawing body parts in ASCII aren't exactly grandma/kid-friendly here, fellas.
    [/soapbox]

Now back to your regularly scheduled, fun, NOT locked thread...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    [soapbox]
    Hey guys, it's really easy. We want you to have fun here. We also want information to be found and shared here. We've said from the beginning that we're a community of firearms owners that borders on family. Please don't make us have to go back to a G-rated forum. Not only was it boring, it was a PITA to keep clean. All we're asking is that you keep it clean, and keep it fun. References to bodily swordfighting and drawing body parts in ASCII aren't exactly grandma/kid-friendly here, fellas.
    [/soapbox]

Now back to your regularly scheduled, fun, NOT locked thread...

Works for me! :rockwoot:

So, in other words... Let's keep this thread G-Rated to prevent locking

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seriously.... what's the point of these threads? Is it to raise the number under your name? Is it to see how far you can push things before we lock them?

I'm going to have to write a thesis on Web Forum Psychology and the answer to the above questions is valuable research.

Most of us could care less about the number under our name. I never cared about it until people started saying "wow look at his post count! He must have no life!" :) And yet, I still, don't care about the number.

I'm not trying to push anything to getting locked. That could be the reason that these threads keep showing up. Sure, there are a couple people who take things to the edge, but most of us don't.

I like these threads because it keeps people connected and it's a nice break from the "My Baby Eagle is better than your Glock" or "This politician is going to take your guns, rip off your head, and poop down your neck" threads. It's sorta like an outlet for us to act childish.

Everyone should act childish from time to time. If you take life too seriously, what's it really worth living then? I guess if you want to act and be a prude, that's that person's perogitive, but I prefer to have fun with life and to hell with what others think.

Now, when I say childish, I don't mean name calling that's not meant in good fun, or getting out of hand like a couple threads have. What I mean is things like you've seen in the last threads BEFORE they were locked/deleted.

If we can't have that, then :dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    fair enough:yesway:

on a side note..I got an infraction in a locked thread! thats funny!! I deserved it I reckon. thats what I get for trying to confuse the swear filter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom