mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just heard back from my taxidermist. I had a deer wrapped up in my freezer for 4 years, dropped it off yesterday and today he called and said he got it skulled and not a speck of freezer burn. Woot looks like not only do I have hog going on the wall but a deer also.

I might have to shoot one this year. I was out in the back yard today and found my little tulip tree I planted last year SHREDDED and busted off with pieces all around it. Stupid buck rubbed it to bits. I pruned it off so now it is a stick in the ground that is about a foot tall. He had pushed it around so much that the base of the tree had at least an inch of air on all sides around the base where the dirt was pushed away from the trunk from him pushing it back and forth in all directions. It was growing so nicely too. I told my husband I am going to be setting out there when shotgun season starts if he keeps destroying my plants!

This is what was left of it when I found it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom45 keep a close eye out, you have till Jan 4 to take him with bow

I'm better with a firearm. I have a hard time pulling back the bow and aiming. I won't shoot if I can't shoot accurately. I'll have to see when he is coming around first. My husband thinks he is a small deer since he picked on such a small tree so if that's the case, I'll let him grow up. I'm not sure I would feel right about hunting in the back yard since they all feel pretty safe here the rest of the year. Now...if I was to go out in the woods and see him...that could be different. The last one I took was this one from a tree stand out back a few years ago.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    tilted-kilt-03-500-26.jpg

That hood will fly up as soon as he leaves the line...somebody wasn't paying attention to details.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I'm better with a firearm. I have a hard time pulling back the bow and aiming. I won't shoot if I can't shoot accurately. I'll have to see when he is coming around first. My husband thinks he is a small deer since he picked on such a small tree so if that's the case, I'll let him grow up. I'm not sure I would feel right about hunting in the back yard since they all feel pretty safe here the rest of the year. Now...if I was to go out in the woods and see him...that could be different. The last one I took was this one from a tree stand out back a few years ago.

dang nice buck

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I was supposed to be watching that day, but when I saw him coming, I knew I had to take him. It was time for me to get one on the wall too.

The only deer on my wall was the first deer I ever killed. A little 6 pointer...all the rest of the bucks I've taken have been the same size body but smaller rack, so I just chopped off the antlers and put 'em on the shelf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom