• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I had one of those moments at Lowes today where you actually feel your brain getting dumber from talking to someone. I had some boards cut and told the Cashier I had 2 sheets 1/2 inch OSB.

She rang it up as 23/32nds, and I told her that was the incorrect item as it was almost $5 more per sheet. I told her the price of the boards I had was $8 and some change each, not $13 each. She preceeded to tell me that 23/32nd is 1/2 inch. :n00b: They don't carry 1/2 inch OSB, nor is it in their system.

So here I am, trying to be nice, my brain isn't quite understanding how her math fundamentals is so far off. I think, well heck, you guys don't have 1/2 inch OSB, so I must have brought it with me to the store, so it's free right?

Anyway, I ask her to just ring it up as 7/16th then as it's about 25 cents less per sheet rather than almost $5 more. She looks at me and says "oh, so you're changing your story now?" At this point my brain hurts, I ask her how she'd like to glue all the lumber I had cut back together and put it back on the shelf? She stops talking and rings it up as 7/16th... :dunno:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I had one of those moments at Lowes today where you actually feel your brain getting dumber from talking to someone. I had some boards cut and told the Cashier I had 2 sheets 1/2 inch OSB.

She rang it up as 23/32nds, and I told her that was the incorrect item as it was almost $5 more per sheet. I told her the price of the boards I had was $8 and some change each, not $13 each. She preceeded to tell me that 23/32nd is 1/2 inch. :n00b: They don't carry 1/2 inch OSB, nor is it in their system.

So here I am, trying to be nice, my brain isn't quite understanding how her math fundamentals is so far off. I think, well heck, you guys don't have 1/2 inch OSB, so I must have brought it with me to the store, so it's free right?

Anyway, I ask her to just ring it up as 7/16th then as it's about 25 cents less per sheet rather than almost $5 more. She looks at me and says "oh, so you're changing your story now?" At this point my brain hurts, I ask her how she'd like to glue all the lumber I had cut back together and put it back on the shelf? She stops talking and rings it up as 7/16th... :dunno:

Just reading your post about her math skills made my brain hurt. Was she wearing her Mensa member decoder ring?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm feeling saucy.

Maybe I'll lock this thread, too.

I'll have the last word in every thread tonight. And then I'll ban billz.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom