Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hmm, just learned there was a small plane that crashed a couple miles from here this morning. Hillinbrand Industries has a private airport NW of town for their Jet Fleet. A small plane crashed attempting to land there. It's a private airport, so the guy must have had problems and was attempting to land at the closest airstrip. News said the guy was injured, but not killed, so that's a positive...

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Yes they are.....:xmad: I don't mind her beating up her van, that's why I bought her a beater for her 1st car....But damn, I like to keep my car nice. The last month has been rough for it.

I have succumbed to the fact that I cannot have nice cars. I bought an 01 Taurus, heater core went out 4 years in a row. Got an 05 Accord, it has been hit 6 times while it was parked, not to mention some hail damage. I will not buy a nice car, it won't be worth the damage that will be done to it.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have succumbed to the fact that I cannot have nice cars. I bought an 01 Taurus, heater core went out 4 years in a row. Got an 05 Accord, it has been hit 6 times while it was parked, not to mention some hail damage. I will not buy a nice car, it won't be worth the damage that will be done to it.

She will be moving out to go to school in a couple of months....I can still hope....
    This car has to last me until Jan 2017, I guess I'll live with it. It sure isn't worth doing an insurance claim...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hmm, just learned there was a small plane that crashed a couple miles from here this morning. Hillinbrand Industries has a private airport NW of town for their Jet Fleet. A small plane crashed attempting to land there. It's a private airport, so the guy must have had problems and was attempting to land at the closest airstrip. News said the guy was injured, but not killed, so that's a positive...

I don't think I have ever mentioned this on INGO, but when I was a junior in HS, I witnessed a fatal plane crash. My dad's farm is just north of the landing pattern at the Randolph Cty airport and a corp plane for a local factory crashed in the field just south of there. Was watching TV in the family room and looked out the picture window to see the turboprop plane fly right into the ground.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I don't think I have ever mentioned this on INGO, but when I was a junior in HS, I witnessed a fatal plane crash. My dad's farm is just north of the landing pattern at the Randolph Cty airport and a corp plane for a local factory crashed in the field just south of there. Was watching TV in the family room and looked out the picture window to see the turboprop plane fly right into the ground.

Sam, that had to be one hell of a shock!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Sam, that had to be one hell of a shock!

Yep.....Not a typical Saturday night on the farm. Made a hell of a mess too. I ran down there and walked back to the crash sight. Then, the Fire Dept showed up and they went down the wrong lane to get to the correct field. There were fences around the fields and you had to enter the right gate to get back there and they went through the left gate. I had to run over there to give them directions.
    The Pilot died in the crash & fire, the Fire Trucks could do nothing but put out the fire....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom