The Official Status Update Thread - Part 177: It's Broating Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just found how to measure distance between to points on Google Maps.
    Very useful to plan some exploration in the middle of nowhere to know how much I will have to walk.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would like to know that also.

You do a right click on the map and it opens a window where you have a "distance from here" option.
    Then you click somewhere else on the map and it gives you a second point with the distance between the two.

I was wondering how far from the beach a bunker I visited was and I easily found out.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    You do a right click on the map and it opens a window where you have a "distance from here" option.
    Then you click somewhere else on the map and it gives you a second point with the distance between the two.

I was wondering how far from the beach a bunker I visited was and I easily found out.

Thanks a lot

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I wonder why I haven't gotten my tax refund yet so I look my account up online. I'm not sure how, but I apparently never submitted them when filing online. Oops.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    2ihulow.png

Some of the bunkers I explored I marked in yellow, I know there are more in that field.
    When you zoom in you can even see some roads made of concrete, very unusual in the middle of a field.They were connecting mortar postions to bunkers where the ammo was store.

I followed one during a hike and sure enough under heavy vegetation I found a mortar or anti-aircraft platorm.
    It's a pretty large field.The one farthest away is exactly 1 mile away from the beach.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    2ihulow.png

Some of the bunkers I explored I marked in yellow, I know there are more in that field.
    When you zoom in you can even see some roads made of concrete, very unusual in the middle of a field.They were connecting mortar postions to bunkers where the ammo was store.

I followed one during a hike and sure enough under heavy vegetation I found a mortar or anti-aircraft platorm.
    It's a pretty large field.The one farthest away is exactly 1 mile away from the beach.

That is going to be very helpful . . thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom