• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I've got to try and make it to an event soon. Just hard with all of the kids. My oldest is only 3. Between work, Dr.'s appointments and actually trying to spend some time with the family I work so hard to support, I've barely got any time for anything!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Not too bad. Went to Blythe's in Valpo with my little brother today. I'm ashamed to admit that I shot his Glock 21 better than my Springfield TRP. It has be thinking about buying another Glock, Lol.

Did you hear about the new shop in portage? They've been open about 2 weeks now. There were only about 15 handguns and 15 rifles in there, but it seemed like a good group of guys. Hopefully they can get a good inventory going soon.

Portage Gun Shop - DownRange Dynamics LLC

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Did you hear about the new shop in portage? They've been open about 2 weeks now. There were only about 15 handguns and 15 rifles in there, but it seemed like a good group of guys. Hopefully they can get a good inventory going soon.

Portage Gun Shop - DownRange Dynamics LLC

Naw, I'll have to check it out. It's a little ways a way but, there really isn't many shops to choose from around here. How were their prices?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I just looked at their price. I may have to see what they can do for me on a new Glock. I hate buying used because individual LEO price on them is $505. But, if they can come close, it beats having to get a letter from my Chief and having to buy one at the distributor in Oak Brook or Danville, IL.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Naw, I'll have to check it out. It's a little ways a way but, there really isn't many shops to choose from around here. How were their prices?

The only handgun I looked at was a Keltec PF9 for $209. They were pretty busy so I didn't want to waste too much of their time. They claim they have the lowest prices and will match any competitors price. Transfers for $20.:yesway:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I just looked at their price. I may have to see what they can do for me on a new Glock. I hate buying used because individual LEO price on them is $505. But, if they can come close, it beats having to get a letter from my Chief and having to buy one at the distributor in Oak Brook or Danville, IL.

I thought LEO pricing was around $400? That's what I got mine for.:whistle:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I thought LEO pricing was around $400? That's what I got mine for.:whistle:

Yeah. About 5-6 years ago, I picked one up for about that. 2-3 years ago I got a Glock 30 for $489.00 with Cook County Illinois tax, and now a new 21 is supposed to be $505.00 out the door.

Figured out tax, if they were about 450 that would make them 490 with IL taxes.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah. About 5-6 years ago, I picked one up for about that. 2-3 years ago I got a Glock 30 for $489.00 with Cook County Illinois tax, and now a new 21 is supposed to be $505.00 out the door.

Figured out tax, if they were about 450 that would make them 490 with IL taxes.

Ouch. I think the .45 are more than the 9/.40's also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom