mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had the last post in the old thread too. That's even more weird. Here's a repost...

I think I'm starting to get the motorcycle bug again. I want something simple, cheap, and comfortable. I'm thinking something like this:
    1983 Silverwing 650cc new battery. I really like those old Honda transverse v-twins. They are nearly bullet proof.

The newest Honda we have is a 1978, but hubby loves them. Parts are relatively easy to find on Ebay and through a few suppliers. I think we have an extra motor or two sitting in the man cave as well just in case we happen to need one. I know we picked the one up off of Craigslist for $75 and there is nothing wrong with it.

We seem to have parts hanging all over the garage walls and in crates...things we may need at some point. This is how we end up with more bikes. Some are bought for parts and some are bought to rebuild. At one point, he had 13 sitting out there. It was a good day when he announced that I should post some for sale! He is down to 6 I think.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :yesway: positive thinking!

Hubby said something about going to Dairy Queen and I just kind of looked at him...I'm pretty sure I don't really need that and we had just had lunch when he suggested it. He told me I was looking skinny. I just gave him a look...yeah right. Summer clothes seem to make me feel fluffier....harder to hide the winter weight gain. I need to start walking around our property more. I guess I should go outside and do something until we are ready to fix dinner. I have potato salad made and we are doing pork chops on the grill.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The newest Honda we have is a 1978, but hubby loves them. Parts are relatively easy to find on Ebay and through a few suppliers. I think we have an extra motor or two sitting in the man cave as well just in case we happen to need one. I know we picked the one up off of Craigslist for $75 and there is nothing wrong with it.

We seem to have parts hanging all over the garage walls and in crates...things we may need at some point. This is how we end up with more bikes. Some are bought for parts and some are bought to rebuild. At one point, he had 13 sitting out there. It was a good day when he announced that I should post some for sale! He is down to 6 I think.

I was never able to have a collection of old hondas but all the bikes I've have had were old hondas. The last one was a '77 Goldwing. I installed a single carb conversion kit and a lightweight exhaust on it and it ran like a scalded ape! Even though I put a bit of money into it, I still made money selling it even after riding it for a couple years!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This place still has that new thread smell. I'll be back after y'all dirty it up a bit. Make it ours!:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom