The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Yes.

Somewhat ironic, now, given the nature of our relationship with China. :D

But, I hear you. And believe me, if I had thought Trump would be this undedicated to his actual campaign promises, I would've more strongly considered voting for him. :)

No kidding! And believe me that point is not lost on me, ugh.

As for the promises, specifically of deportation and such - we know you have to start negotiations somewhere besides where you can realistically want and expect to end up. That said, even if he does accommodate the Dreamers, I want a big deportation/border security component in return for accepting that. Basically, cut a deal which like Nixon going to China, Trump can do since he has earned rhetorical credibility on the issue.

I guess I should be clear: I'm not at all opposed to this, conceptually. All of the things you say are true. Except maybe the PC part. To get to General/Admiral in any of the branches, you HAVE to be political, and therefore some version of PC. I will, of course, concede that Marines are by culture less PC. :)

My issue is more about bringing other perspectives. I'm not drawing any conclusions from these appointments - he may be getting other viewpoints from other sources. I'm just highlighting what may be a pattern or trend. Not good or bad, just a trend.

LOL, I know and you are absolutely correct about having to have some amount of PC to make it...even if that may mostly just involve keeping your mouth shut and your head down. You are also correct that it would be helpful to have viewpoints from the other branches, but don't forget that the Marines have to do a little bit of everything as far as fighting on land, sea, and air and using the equipment that goes with that. Not disputing that other branches may have more specific experience and tailored expertise in those areas though...especially when it comes to things like subs and such.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Yeah, I think we agree more than disagree on "what" happened/is happening. Their command economy made it easier for them to achieve what they've got. Our free market economy (as it exists now) hampers our ability to address it.

The much more difficult question is how to proceed in the best way for the US.

The potential "cures" all have different tradeoffs, different pain points, and different unknown risks.

Agreed.

:yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom