• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    [video=youtube;zM1P0oc2-es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM1P0oc2-es[/video]

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I took a slingshot to school once as a kid and used to bring toy soliders to school to pay with sometimes in elementary school too... Gosh, I don't even want to know what would happen if a child did that today.

To be fair, the slingshot was a stupid idea but I wanted to launch rocks across the giant playground we had that backed up to some woods... not to harm other children. And the toy soliders? Well heck, they shot guns at each other and had little toy guns.

I even had one of those 'swtich blade combs' that looked like a real knife/switchblade but when you pressed the button a comb came out.

I fear for kids today.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ok, so two jokes I came up with:

School posts stunning video of the bullied child's initial reaction

or

School posts picture of bullied child and his 4 close friends.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    i-XrS6Z5h-1050x10000.jpg

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meanwhile, four children of Scandinavian descent named "Gunnar" have been permanently suspended from all educational institutions for life and have received a lifetime TSA ban from public transportation.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The 9-year-old has been in in-school suspension for referring to another student’s skin color and got in trouble for bringing a kids’ book about pregnancy to school.
    Parent: Fourth-grader suspended after using magic from 'The Hobbit' - Odessa American: Education

...what?

I'm going to say that facts matter, and we don't have any. You can spin hypotheticals where the school overreached and you can spin them where the kid should have been suspended about ANY of his infractions. There's nice ways and mean ways to refer to skin color. Bringing a book can be appropriate or disruptive, depending on what you do with the book. Threatening with magical powers can be playful and routine kid stuff or it could be part of bullying and harassing other students.

All in all, seems like a local issue that doesn't affect me in the slightest and is nothing for me to get worked up about or to apply as some grand evidence fn modern society's downfall or attainment of enlightenment.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Is wishing someone harm without the capacity to cause said harm a bad thing? If so, punish it.

If this was a joke statement, fine. If he seriously wanted the kid to vanish in some bully effect, seems rational then.

A 16 yr girl was recently convicted of texting an 18 yr boy constantly telling him to commit suicide which the 18 yet old then did. The girl was convicted of second degree involuntary manslaughter.

Comments ?

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    I took my bow to school as a prop for a demonstration speech with no problem in 94.
    In all im glad we home school. We avoid most of this type of crap. + Both my kids teachers are always armed.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    A 16 yr girl was recently convicted of texting an 18 yr boy constantly telling him to commit suicide which the 18 yet old then did. The girl was convicted of second degree involuntary manslaughter.

Comments ?

Sure, It was in Mass. She was 17, she got what she deserved and is an awful human. I hope she takes a cue from Aaron Hernandez. Her actions violated MA law as written. Judge laid it out. She created a situation where she had a duty under MA law. No sympathy for this awful skank.
    There's my opinion. Check out the details of the case and defense. She got 20 years, so she'll serve what, 7? She opted for a bench trial.

LostWander

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    SWFL
    Personally, I'm split. She's a horrible human that deserves to pay for what she enabled...but on the other hand, each person is responsible for their own actions. He does have to take blame for doing so, but still think her pushing a clearly troubled and potentially sick man is nearly as bad as having put him in and started the car.

I mean it's no chewing a poptart into the vague shape of a gun...:P

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I did follow that story a bit. Reading her texts with the boy was very disturbing. She didn't "pull the trigger" so to speak but she had a lot of chances to help him and pushed him the other way. She broke the law, was found guilty and recieved her sentence. I think justice was served.

Top Bottom