• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    do you need a permit to open carry
    Indiana has a License To Carry Handgun. Also called a LTCH, little pink permission slip, Larry, and a few others.
    But, it does not differentiate between Open or Concealed.
    You can do either.
    Indiana Code makes no mention of either.
    Look at the Indiana State Police website FAQs and they will also say either is legal.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Most states do not prohibit unlicensed open carry of handguns.

Indiana has long been one of the more restrictive minority of states in that regard.

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    Why eliminate the element of surprise when the time comes to use it? granted it would be nice not to worry about concealing it, but you have to think why you're carrying it in the first place...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    bunny-eats-popcorn-o.gif

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Why eliminate the element of surprise when the time comes to use it? granted it would be nice not to worry about concealing it, but you have to think why you're carrying it in the first place...

2230 posts here, and you don't that subject just might have been previously discussed? Just sayin.. :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

I suppose your points would be enlightening if I had criminal intent or just desired to shoot people, but I'm not trying to sneak up on anyone or hide my intentions.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    But shouldn't we exercise some common sense in carrying firearms? Here are some simple measures to improve gun safety.

1. Don't carry with a bullet in the chamber. That prevents accidents from happening. In fact, I don't even load up my magazine clip all the way.

2. Use only guns with safety. I think it's very irresponsible of gun manufacturers like Glock to make assault pistols without a safety.

3. Don't open carry. Open carrying is perhaps the biggest sign of gun UNsafety. 100% of all gun accidents and shootings happen while someone is open carrying somewhere.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    But shouldn't we exercise some common sense in carrying firearms? Here are some simple measures to improve gun safety.

1. Don't carry with a bullet in the chamber. That prevents accidents from happening. In fact, I don't even load up my magazine clip all the way.

2. Use only guns with safety. I think it's very irresponsible of gun manufacturers like Glock to make assault pistols without a safety.

3. Don't open carry. Open carrying is perhaps the biggest sign of gun UNsafety. 100% of all gun accidents and shootings happen while someone is open carrying somewhere.
    FIFY

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I could be wrong, but I think the purple was implied.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I could be wrong, but I think the purple was implied.

No way. Bingley never uses sarcasm.

[video=youtube;82CtZX9gmZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82CtZX9gmZ8[/video]

Top Bottom