• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't think it's 'a market to advertise'. At least for me.

I just stopped giving a sh**.
    Why am I trying to dress around hiding a gun?
    I know the law better than 'most', not all, but most.
    I don't let my anger get to me, even if CCing, cause I know if ANYTHING happens, it will be about the gun.
    I don't 'appear' to be a hoodlum'.
    I'm tired and too old to worry about other's 'sensibilities'.
    I'm pretty much the same. Carrying OWB is so much more comfortable than IWB. I have nothing to prove to anyone, nor am I trying to make any statements. After 9 or 10 years, I've had one silly encounter and no negative ones.

I do love the labels thrown around on here though.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I’m jealous of you guys and your GSDs! I’m allergic and can’t be around dogs or cats anymore. :-(

I carry concealed most of the time. When I’m on my scooter it’s a different story… HK P30/P2000 in a Safariland 6378. Don’t have to worry about bouncing a pistol off the road.
    Don’t care what the sheeple think.
    This is our 7th GSD, and wife says the last one due to too much hair and we both at 65ish probably don’t have the energy for a new puppy. Ironically, the females were the more aggressive while males were big goofballs. If you can’t handle hair, don’t get one. Other than that….I’m tempted to try a Belgian Malinois, less hair but also more active?

On the comments and replies to OC from people, I always felt I wanted/needed to be able to clearly articulate why I’m doing this. It took a few years but I eventually zeroed in on my replies to the 2 most common questions I was getting.

1. Why are you carrying a gun?
    A. I believe I’m responsible for my own safety.
    1A. Who’s responsible for your safety? Common answer seems to be either ummmm or the Police, to which I ask, Where are they?

2. Do you REALLY need to carry a gun/firearm?
    A. I certainly hope not!!

My hope is that people walk away from our conversations saying that guy had some sensible ideas, and wasn’t what I was expecting. I know two people that started OCing after our discussions.

I’ve open carried for 14 years exclusively in warm weather and I’ve NEVER had anyone scream out anything like HE HAS A GUN!!! That’s just idiotic fearmongering as far as I’m concerned. I have had hundreds of discussions with people, 6-7 that were negative. I usually get in the negative conversations somewhere that if you were really that afraid of me carrying a gun is getting in my face about it the smart move on your part? I’ve had 911 called on me once and that ended up with the Karen leaving in a huff and the PO telling me to have a nice day. I have NEVER shown my ID due to me being armed, never even been asked for it. I’ll put my 14 years of actual real life open carry experience up against anyone’s this is what’s going to happen I heard it on the internet opinion.

Do what you want, and don’t be a jerk about it. OCed in Indiana, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and most states out west except CA, but mainly in the three listed.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpeg
      IMG_0831.jpeg
      191.4 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I don't think it's 'a market to advertise'. At least for me.

I just stopped giving a sh**.
    Why am I trying to dress around hiding a gun?
    I know the law better than 'most', not all, but most.
    I don't let my anger get to me, even if CCing, cause I know if ANYTHING happens, it will be about the gun.
    I don't 'appear' to be a hoodlum'.
    I'm tired and too old to worry about other's 'sensibilities'.

Not giving a sh** is also a big part of my daily routine.
    Could be me being a disgruntled, disabled combat vet... could just be me getting on in years... (and having a gut) but yeah, I'm a lot more comfy with a holster outside the waist at 3 0'clock. Many times I don't feel like being a slob with my shirt untucked... even a t-shirt, so I just end up going the OC route simply because that's how I dress on that given day. Sometimes I get funny looks, sometimes I don't. To be honest, most times I think people are so wrapped up in themselves (or their stupid phones) I don't think they even notice. I can count on one hand the times people have confronted me about it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    To be honest, most times I think people are so wrapped up in themselves (or their stupid phones) I don't think they even notice.
    That is the amazing part. People think that everyone will be staring at you and your gun, but few actually even see it. I've averaged less than one a year saying anything to me.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    At what temperature do the usual CC'rs, go to OC? North of 85 for me.
    Also when I don’t need a jacket. I’m more a usual OC’r who occasionally conceals I guess. More often in New Mexico than Indiana and certainly Wisconsin. I’m a tucked in shirt, collar and pocket guy. Don’t own a t shirt or sweatshirt. Don’t dress around the gun, just open carry.

I’ve also decided not to participate in New Mexico’s 2 day/16 hour CCL requirements and get on a list our idiot .gov can inadvertently release to the public like Kaliforniastan. We can open carry without a license as well as car/bike/horse carry concealed without a license. Concealed without a license is a simple misdemeanor, I’ll take my chances. There are some laws around alcohol that you have to be aware of but since I don’t drink not to much of an issue. New Mexico gun laws are pretty idiotic compared to Indiana or Wisconsin but that’s what you get from 90 years of Democrat rule I suppose. Always seemed weird for a western state, but getting less so.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Here are the typical open carriers, as always demanding everyone's attention. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!

ChipotleGuns.jpg
    One guy can't run 12ft the other is about the size of his rifle....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I stood in front of a guy who was explaining that HE thought he could pick out people concealing a gun.
    At the time, there was a S&W model 19 on my hip, that he didn't notice till I told him.

Some people will see it, but I think children see it more.
    Maybe they are more observant.
    Maybe because the gun is at their eye level.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Children and people sitting down while carrier is standing, gun at eye level. I have not found children to be particularly panicked by a firearm, but inquisitive.

I was at a graduation party with two other people I knew to be carrying. We were talking guns and a mutual woman friend came up and said you guys must be talking guns? 10 minutes later she said she gets nervous any time I’m around guns! I said you must be pretty nervous right now then? She gave me a funny look and got up, walked to her car and left. She knew we all three carried, so why it was all of a sudden an issue I do not know? All three concealed that day. People are strange.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Children and people sitting down while carrier is standing, gun at eye level. I have not found children to be particularly panicked by a firearm, but inquisitive.

I was at a graduation party with two other people I knew to be carrying. We were talking guns and a mutual woman friend came up and said you guys must be talking guns? 10 minutes later she said she gets nervous any time I’m around guns! I said you must be pretty nervous right now then? She gave me a funny look and got up, walked to her car and left. She knew we all three carried, so why it was all of a sudden an issue I do not know? All three concealed that day. People are strange.
    Good question? Went to a wedding recaption at a restaurant in East Tennessee recently for an acronym coworker. I would estimate 75 out of 100 guest were well armed. Brides family acted all butt hurt that a few open carried, and made several comments how they were uncomfortable.

Guessing they would have needed extensive ongoing therapy if they knew how many were armed at the event.

Top Bottom