• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    That is what I want, a criminal knowing I have a weapon and targeting me first.

13HP's let it go - you are tipping a sacred cow - attack is emminent. Just say you do not care how you carry just as long as you carry - that calms them down.:D They do sorta have a point, ya know?

Anyway, I took your comment to mean that you are willing to sacrifice yourself and let the criminal get you first so we can all live on - did I get it right?

Last edited:

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    In the Marines do the Military Police carry concealed? Do MOST security officers at banks wear plain clothes?

while im not taking sides in the discussion, i wanted to comment on this statement.

The presence of the uniformed officer will garner the same reaction from most people, gun or no gun.

The presence of average Joe does not.

The presence of average Joe with a gun gets a different reaction than uniformed officer with a gun.

The officer will be assumed to be a trained professional and will make most people have a sense of security.

The average Joe with gun will be perceived as "that guy" who puts everyone on edge, whom people will look at with skepticism, very much different than the armed uniformed person.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    while im not taking sides in the discussion, i wanted to comment on this statement.

The presence of the uniformed officer will garner the same reaction from most people, gun or no gun.

The presence of average Joe does not.

The presence of average Joe with a gun gets a different reaction than uniformed officer with a gun.

The officer will be assumed to be a trained professional and will make most people have a sense of security.

The average Joe with gun will be perceived as "that guy" who puts everyone on edge, whom people will look at with skepticism, very much different than the armed uniformed person.

I wasn't using that analogy to be a show of force, sense of security, etc. I merely used it to show that simply element of surprise should not be one's deciding factor in OC or CC. Plenty of security is NOT element of surprise.

I feel there is one right answer in this debate...what ever make the carrier most comfortable. That is what is right for them.

army bratt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    north side evansville
    I conceal 100% of the time. I've trained myself to be confortable that way and I never feel vulnerable to the fact that offenders may see me as a weak target. If you carry yourself like prey it wont matter if you have a cannon draped over your shoulder. To go one step further, if you open carry and pose a threat to me what makes you so sure that I wont disarm you long before you draw on me? Believe me when I say if some one wants your open-carry gun they have a 50% chance of getting it! Get it through your thick head and dont open carry to get attention or kicks. Choose every opportunity as if it were your last and grow up.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wasn't using that analogy to be a show of force, sense of security, etc. I merely used it to show that simply element of surprise should not be one's deciding factor in OC or CC. Plenty of security is NOT element of surprise.

I feel there is one right answer in this debate...what ever make the carrier most comfortable. That is what is right for them.

No -
    You can't just end it there. That's too easy and then it will be all over.

My way is right, damn it - and that's all there is to it. :D

Everyone else is wrong.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    To go one step further, if you open carry and pose a threat to me what makes you so sure that I wont disarm you long before you draw on me?
    Would you like to put that to a test?!

Believe me when I say if some one wants your open-carry gun they have a 50% chance of getting it! Get it through your thick head and dont open carry to get attention or kicks. Choose every opportunity as if it were your last and grow up.
    Matter of fact, think you can disarm me without being hurt?! We can try that too, if you would like.

I am sure there are several persons on this board that could take my place in these 2 little experiments...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I conceal 100% of the time. I've trained myself to be confortable that way and I never feel vulnerable to the fact that offenders may see me as a weak target. If you carry yourself like prey it wont matter if you have a cannon draped over your shoulder. To go one step further, if you open carry and pose a threat to me what makes you so sure that I wont disarm you long before you draw on me? Believe me when I say if some one wants your open-carry gun they have a 50% chance of getting it! Get it through your thick head and dont open carry to get attention or kicks. Choose every opportunity as if it were your last and grow up.
    Maybe if you thought like a criminal you wouldn't have this view. Criminals do not attack armed persons, they look for weaker targets. Period.

When has someone that was every Open Carrying felt like a threat to you?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Gecko?- Is that you? :rolleyes:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

I OC. Situational awareness is everything. I also wear shirts and post signs that say no 5 year old girls...

50% chance you're taking my OC piece? That'll go over well for you. The sidearm is not my only weapon. I have loads of other stuff while you're trying to pull it :)

Besides, odds are you wouldn't get within arms reach without setting off my BS meter...kind of like right now...are you outside my window? :shady:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Let's see a link of OC deterring a crime?? In the Marines we taught the "element of surprise" Once I OC the surprise is gone.

What a terrible example. I have never seen a Marine CC ANY weapon unless it is a backup.

So, you decide the best way to join the discussion in this thread is to insult half the people here? :dunno: Yeah, that's the way to participate... who is supposed to "grow up" again? lol

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    That is what I want, a criminal knowing I have a weapon and targeting me first.

Let's see a link of OC deterring a crime?? In the Marines we taught the "element of surprise" Once I OC the surprise is gone.

ArmedEastsider?

Creating an account and posting ^THIS^ in an obvious OC thread is an apparent attempt at trolling. :rolleyes:

DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN

Unbelievable... :n00b:

See that part of your post I highlighted in Bold Red? Yeah, that part makes no sense.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Look at all these thick headed children all gathered together and OCing:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...85-meet_and_greet_nashville_in_2_11_12_a.html

..it's a good thing you werent there, it would have been AWFUL for you to have to decide which of them to disarm first...

:n00b:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What a terrible example. I have never seen a Marine CC ANY weapon unless it is a backup.

So, you decide the best way to join the discussion in this thread is to insult half the people here? :dunno: Yeah, that's the way to participate... who is supposed to "grow up" again? lol

All the Marines I know always conceal carry.

Not trying to say anything, but just saying'. :D

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana

I CC about 75% of the time. Stated my reasons in earlier posts. I agree with your post here army bratt, cept for the insult part. It's hard to keep low BP on Ingo sometimes, but anyway. I attended a self defense class once where the instructor told us when we were in public somewhere in line waiting for a checkout or some similar situation pick out a subject and go over in your mind the moves you would use to subdue that subject a fast as possible. At first I thought it was a little strange, but after a while I started thinking it was good mind training practice. It was free and no sweating in the dojo. I've actually disarmed 100% OC er's, BUT, only in my mind. :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom